RIG/SEA; S60, or what goes around comes around [1/2]

hedgehog337

switzerland-map-with-swiss-flag-rugs.jpg

*does it even makes a sense to put Swiss flag into the article? yes.*

Older members know that I liked to talk about my first major trade for a while and how weird it was in the first place. That trade took place in S53 off season between my team and Seattle. However, this is not the last trade with this team that deserves a mention. I'm sure that you already read the name of this topic. Yes, another RIG/SEA trade. This happened in S60 when the VHL wasn't poppin yet, but already implemented the welfare affiliate stuff. This trade wasn't a big one and at the first glance, that thread doesn't even deserves to be even opened. Let alone taking a look at it. But it's indeed a notable trade for two reasons. First, this is the last deal between Riga and Seattle. No more trades happened between me a 'Cock after that. But this is not the most interesting thing. I'm not even sure, maybe some other guys already took a look at the trade tracker and figured it out what am I talking about. But I only managed to realize about this fact like two weeks ago, hence this media. So let's take a look at this trade

To Seattle

Verner Reinholdt 

Augustus Gloop 

To Riga

S61 SEA 3rd

S61 SEA 4th 

Nothin special, isn't it? Some players newer members defnitely won't recognize and minor picks. But this trade turned into something special for me. But before I'll name the reason of this. Let's take a look at the background of this deal. 

What happened? Riga. My team was coming off from a slightly disappointing S59 when we couldn't get past the wildcard round. It also appeared that I couldn't compete anymore since majority of players weren't young anymore and I've decided to pull the trigger in favor of rebuilding. However, by the S60 our team wasn't looking like a true rebuilding team with a couple of solid players + Krīgars still playing his last season. Calgary also helped me with sending three lesser TPE players that still were capable of not sucking. Also, aforementioned Renholdt was still in Riga as well. So we were more like a fringe wildcard team than a bottom feeder. And who knows, maybe Riga had a chance to dump one of Davos/Calgary out of the wildcard spot...to just maybe get away with a lucky win in a wildcard round and getting wrecked by New York then. But I've decided to think about the future instead. First of all, I sent Finn to Calgary. And then this trade happened. At the end of the day, our team finished sixth and grabbed a S61 draft third pick. Which was used to take Podrick Cast. The rest is history. 

What happened? Seattle. Unlike my team, Seattle was a defending champion. However, they also weren't young anymore so this season was labeled as the last hoorah before going into the rebuild. It was clear they needed more bodies in the team for making another cup run. And their GM picked a perfect moment when to pick players - it was a mid-season when the team didn't have to pay a full contract to players so he could make moves. As the result, he took three players - Bourdon from Quebec and Gloop+Reinholdt from Riga. How it turned for Seattle? Well, it didn't end up as nice as in season prior. Their back to back dreams were cut short in semi-finals. They were trounced by Helsinki in five games and they went into the rebuilding. But the Bears didn't lose much either - it's not like the S61 third or fourth were worth much at that time. 

Ok, now here is the real reason why I made this thread. To see how it ended up for my team. And won't name winners or losers. Because this thread isn't about that. 

...One last thing. I'll name users behind both players: 

Augustus Gloop: @evrydayimbyfuglien

Verner Reinholdt: @Devise

And now let's see my picks in that draft. The fourth round pick actually was forfeited. As I told you earlier, the S61 draft wasn't as deep as the next four (soon to be five with the S66 draft). But what about the third rounder? 

To S3UYplM.png

(S54) RW - Verner Reinholdt

(S56) D - Augustus Gloop

To ttuFXuQ.png

S61 SEA 3rd (C Mikka Pajari)

S61 SEA 4th (Forfeited)

What goes around comes around. 

That's it and I'm out. 

6 TPE goes to Kallis. 

Review - A brusque, honest, stream-of-consciousness review of recent trade shenanigans. I'm a fan of the style - plenty of swagger and few cares given. I'm appreciative of the linked references to trades, especially since not everyone may know the inner workings of both the VHL & VHLM.

I was a little confused with the bolded phrases in your first paragraph; did you mean to write:

"No more trades happened between me an' 'Cock after that" or "No more trades happened between me and 'Cock after that" ?

There are also a couple of tiny errors, e.g. "How it turned for Seattle?" that interrupted your flow in the Seattle summary of the trade. Other 'errors' were a nice little stylistic touch.

Either way it's nit-picking - like I said, I'm a fan.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to RIG/SEA; S60, or what goes around comes around [1/2]