Mid-season report. part 2

hedgehog337

Reign-lg.png

* :dance:*

If you thought other teams won't get the love or hate from me - here are you. Second part out now!

Decent Davos.

Let's be honest. The only reason why Davos is ahead of Calgary is Peace and Dahlberg. This is the time when I did right for a player's career with a trade. Rylan had an okay rookie season in Riga, but right now he's killing it for his team. Right now the Swiss team is where I expected them to be - a solid #7 spot with a great future ahead. 

Rebuilding teams.

Calgary actually is doing somewhat nice for a team that has only one 500+ TPE player. Another team with a great future, but at this moment they will watch the playoffs from their TV. As for Moscow - their first line had an awesome start. And it's not like they slowed down very much. Gebauer is currently sitting 18th in points with solid 52 points. Kyson Blake has a good shot at the rookie of the year award. So yeah, the Menace is dead last, but there are some bright moments too. 

No true superstars?

And I'm not talking about the league-wide. This is about one team that has no true superstar, but is being bolstered by two equally good lines. Riga Reign. Just look at the scoring leaderboard to see what I'm talking about. The best Riga player, Cast is currently 10th with 56 points. And that's with Thompson and Smirnov having two games in hand so it's not even certain that he would even be there. But this team is also having very solid second line. 

Crimson - 54 points

Pajari - 46 points

Shan - 37 points

We could argue that Seattle is having a better stat for both lines. But we already figured it out their offense is from other world. It's more interesting to see Riga doing well despite not having a true superstar. Like, Vancouver has Louth and Davis. Toronto has Arroyo and The Charm plus def pairing Malenko - Tzuyu. Even Davos has Dahlberg and Peace. So yeah, the team still has a chance to win it all even without a player who is scoring three points per every game. 

Goalies suck.

Except of Sterling. I guess we're entering a new era when even a .920 stat can be considered as an elite. For some members is disheartening. For some it's just surprising. But members who joined this league before S60 definitely should've saw the change in goalies performance. From times when .925 was nothing very special to times when .925 is a HoF worthy stat. That's not really wassup for guys like me who was expecting the same kind of performance from a goalie when I created him. 

End of the report. In overall, I think this season doesn't have much surprises in store. Toronto being #2 is kinda surprising, but so far four players are holding them that high. I also thought Helsinki would have more points at this moment. Other than that, teams are performing like they should be.

That's it and I'm out.  

6 TPE goes to Randoms.

1 hour ago, hedgehog337 said:

The only reason why Davos is ahead of Calgary is Dahlberg

FTFY

1 hour ago, hedgehog337 said:

despite not having a true superstar. Like, Vancouver has Louth and Davis. Toronto has Arroyo and The Charm plus def pairing Malenko - Tzuyu. Even Davos has Dahlberg

DAMN RIGHT IM A SUPERSTAR