gorlab's top 3 sleeper picks for the S66 draft

gorlab

Salutations VHL,

I am here to present the VHL with a sneak peak at 3 of the top sleeper picks of the S66 draft. I would definitely suggest that you @ your GM in this thread to make him aware of this highly controversial information. As a sim league veteran, I have developed a powerful eye for talent, and thanks to the current S66 Draft Theme Week, I am leaking my top 3 sleeper picks for the FIRST TIME EVER.

Do not miss out on this information. The contents of this thread are highly explosive and will help your VHL franchise become the next dynasty. Without further adieu, I give you gorlab's top 3 sleeper picks for the S66 VHL Entry Draft:

W542kQ3.png

#3 Chico Smeb | Minnesota Storm | LW | 6' 3" | 220 lb.

A dynamic skater and playmaker, Chico Smeb comes in at my #3 sleeper draft pick. Despite being somewhat buried on a star-studded Minnesota Storm lineup, Smeb has both the physicality and hockey IQ needed to become one of the top power forwards in the VHL. At 6'3", 220 lbs. he is a massive specimen, but has the skating ability and edge work of a world champion figure skater. He is both graceful and powerful and my scouting report lists him as an absolute gym freak. If you are looking for a winger who can take over a game on both ends of the ice, Smeb is the pick for you.

PBFnFUI.png

#2 Hiromu Takahashi | Ottawa Lynx | D | 5' 7" | 194 lb.

Despite a slow start and some reported chemistry issues with his former team, the Minnesota Storm, Takahashi still has all the makings of a top 4 d-man who can quarterback the power play. With his recent move from Minnesota to Ottawa, which comes with a sharp increase in playing opportunities, I have no doubt that Takahashi will cement himself as a top prospect in the S66 entry draft. Do not let his small stature fool you, because the 5'7" d-man is a great puck mover and has an INTeresting sense for the game. His vision and decision making is top notch at both ends of the ice. Takahashi is a player who may slip into the later rounds, and will be a steal for any team who drafts him.

r10qorw.png

#1 Codrick Past | Minnesota Storm | D | 6' 0" | 190 lb.

Seeing the name 'Codrick Past' on a sleeper list may be a shock to some people, as the dominant defenseman has been torturing forwards all season long in the VHLM and is undoubtedly a first round lock, but I am still including him on this list because the hype for this player is really just that massive. A definite top-pairing player who can log big minutes defensively while contributing on the score sheet, Past has the raw talent to become a franchise player. Some scouts have questioned his work ethic, but in my opinion, he should be selected within the first few picks of the draft. It's possible that the concerns about his reported laziness could cause him to fall into the 5th-10th range, but I am confident he will make a big impact on whichever team that is lucky enough to select him.

Thanks for reading and see you on draft night!

7 hours ago, gorlab said:

he should be selected within the first few picks of the draft.

*Looks at Past’s TPE* 

*Looks at TPE of Nielsen/Paddywagon/Garcia* 

You’re certainly entitled to this opinion but it’s definitely a bit out there. 

3 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

*Looks at Past’s TPE* 

*Looks at TPE of Nielsen/Paddywagon/Garcia* 

You’re certainly entitled to this opinion but it’s definitely a bit out there. 

Past has TRUCULENCE and other intangibles.