Brendan James Lawn Press Conference

Blawn

1) Since it's not been too long since you've joined the league, what are thoughts on the league so far as a whole?

The League had been very nice and inviting. I'm super excited for the expansion draft to start I just can't wait to see if I get selected.

2) Are there any areas in the league that you would like to see a change/improvement? 

None yet. I haven't been a member of the league very long though so maybe ask me that again in a month and we'll see if I have a different answer, haha.

3) The VHLM Newsletter launched earlier this week, did you read it and was it helpful to you?

I actually didn't hear about that so thanks for the tip I'll have to go check it out. I'm always looking for resources and ways to improve my game so thanks for that.

4) What are your aims this season in the VHLM?

Just to get drafted. Make an impression here in the league in my first year. I'm hoping to really make a home here so it'd be nice to make a name for myself quickly.

5) With the teams starting to take shape, who do you consider to be the favourite for the VHLM Founders Cup?

I'm really not sure yet. I really haven;t been in the league or aware of the league for long. I know a lot of expansion teams have reached out to me so far but besides that I couldn't tell you much about that structure of the league. I'm still trying to gain knowledge of the league and survey the landscape so maybe I'll have a better answer for you on this after a few weeks in the league.

6c) If a GM were to make you an offer, what kind of player would they be getting? (If you're currently unaffiliated).

Currently I'm unaffiliated so I guess I'll default to this question. I really aim to be a tight checking defenseman. I take pride in my passing abilities and skill at making plays happen. You're definitely getting a hardworking player who is always looking to take his game to the next level.

Thanks for the questions everyone.

1. is this NHL playoffs gonna become the most tragic one you ever saw?

2. who's to blame for that?

3. do you have faith on Kucherov after that?

4. who are you rooting for now?

5. any preferable VHLM destinations for James?

6. which VHLM team has the best logo?

7. the same, but for VHL team?

8. is there any VHLM GM that stood out for you since you joined the league?

9. how's VHL discord? (if you are there)

10. is the active locker room more important than your player's performance?

1. What do you see as the biggest strength in your game?

2. What's one area of your game that needs a bit of work?

3. What part of the VHL experience are you most excited for?

4. How welcoming have folks in the VHL been to you?

5. Are you still heartbroken and pretending you're fine like me after the Lightning choked again?

6. What are your goals for the upcoming season?

7. Do you have any plans for your player over the offseason?

8. How important for you is it to play for a competitor?

9. What do you think makes you stand out from other draft prospects?

10. How much interest do you have for playing in the World Cup for your country?

Edited by StamkosFan

@hedgehog337

1. Yes it makes me want to curl up into a ball and die.

2. I blame the whole team. I don't think there is enough grit on this team and I think our defensive structure and zone entry need to be re-examined.

3. I mean you can't argue he's good after the season he had but regular season and playoffs are two different things. He needs to figure out why he shuts down during the later along with a        few other key players.

4. No one honestly that sweep has me needed a long break from hockey. Thank god my post season is extra long now haha.

5. I'm not picky I just want to find a helpful team to help introduce me to the league.

6. My favorite is the Yukon Rush logo

7. For VHL I like the Toronto Legion Logo.

8. None but I have had a few reach out to me.

9. I haven't utilized it yet but I do have it. I'm sure once the season starts I'll be in there more often.

10. I think so but obviously I want my player to be good and help make an impact on the team.

• 2 weeks later...

@StamkosFan

1. What do you see as the biggest strength in your game?

Probably my ability to back check successfully and the passing game after. Once you get that puck, that;'s great, but you gotta follow up and get some chances yourself to be successful.

2. What's one area of your game that needs a bit of work?

My stick handling is probably the weakest part of my game at the moment.

3. What part of the VHL experience are you most excited for?

Well last week I would have said the draft but that's behind us so now its gotta be my first game I just can't wait to get out there.

4. How welcoming have folks in the VHL been to you?

Extremely welcoming everyone has been super helpful with any questions I've had, my new teammates seem like a great group of guys. I couldn't ask to be surrounded by better people in this league.

5. Are you still heartbroken and pretending you're fine like me after the Lightning choked again?

Wait playoffs started already? Just kidding but ya I'm just trying to block that part of history out of my memory at this point haha.

6. What are your goals for the upcoming season?

Just be successful and productive. I want to make a name for myself out there and I know it won't be with my scoring so I'll have to be really on my game defensively.

7. Do you have any plans for your player over the offseason?

No plans just keep practicing and training to improve my game.

8. How important for you is it to play for a competitor?

Important. I think the answer is the same for most people. Everyone wants to win.

9. What do you think makes you stand out from other draft prospects?

I'd have to say my dedication. I've been spending a lot of time working on my career and its really showing in my stats so if i can keep on this pace I see myself really making a name in the league.

10. How much interest do you have for playing in the World Cup for your country?

I would love to! Representing my country would be a great honor!

1. What do you think about getting your careers started with the Lynx?

Super excited to be starting with the Lynx. I feel we have a really strong team going to this year and I have confidence we will be a forced to be reckoned with.

2. Any preliminary opinions on which teams at the VHL level you might eventually want to play for? Any you'd rather avoid? If you don't know, that's fine

I don't have a preference. I'm not looking to rush into the VHL I want to take my time here in the VHLM and really perfect my game so I can make a bigger impact in the big leagues.

3. How are you looking to build your player? Stylistically, and/or players you're modeling after?

Looking to build a two-way puck moving defenseman. Kinda focusing on the playstyle of Victor Hedman on how I am training myself.