Offseason Blues

Renomitsu

Saskatoon, SK - It's been over a week since the end of the regular season, and as a result, Saskatoon's last game.

Following the end of the VHLM finals, which featured the Minnesota shut down a comeback by Halifax just yesterday, Apollo Hackett and a couple of buddies stepped out of the Congress Beer House on 2nd and 21st. They eased tensions in a brewing fight between one of the few Storm and 21st fans outside the Saskatoon bar, drawing a little heckling in the process. Thankfully, the Wild defenseman seemed mostly unfazed.

"Yeah, part of the job. I bet you Minnesota players still get a good heckler here and there, and they just won the championship," Hackett said with a laugh, "but I love this city. I owe a lot to them, even after just a season."

The most recent draft projections have Hackett going in the third round - far above his original position a week into joining the league. Progressively more reliable sources suggest that Hackett may immediately make the leap into the VHL, provided he puts in enough work this offseason. One other such defenseman, Charlie Paddywagon, was recently involved in a match-fixing scandal.

"I mean, people outside the league are free to bet as they wish. I hope they find out the truth about Charlie, and that it goes in his favor," the defenseman responded, a bit more serious, "but that's not really something to discuss outside a pub, now is it?"