Park Is Ready For The VHL

leafssteen

As we all know Latvian goaltender Clayton Park is one of the top goalie prospects in the upcoming VHL draft. Clayton recently decided he was going to push hard to play in the VHL this season instead of the VHLM. This will be a huge loss for the Yukon Rush as they will loose an elite VHLM goaltender. Here’s what Clayton had to say after deciding to pursue the VHL route earlier then expected.

“ Being a VHL starter is the end goal and I feel this gives me the best opportunity. I understand I am almost guaranteed to be the backup but I feel I can learn a lot from the starter. Also I believe the goalie coaches at the VHL level will be able to challenge me more and lead me in the right direction. I had a great time playing in Yukon as they have a great bunch of guys and I wish them nothing but the best.  I am looking forward to draft day to find out where my future lies”.

Clayton had this to say when asked what is goals are for his VHL career.

“As previously mentioned being a starter in the VHL is my main goal. My second largest goal is to win a Continental Cup! That has always been a dream of mine and I plan to help my team win the cup!! Another big goal I want to achieve is being awarded the Aidan Shaw Trophy for top goaltender at some point through my career. My last goal is to register 10 shutouts in a single season. That last one might be tricky but I’m up for the challenge”.

Turn in to the upcoming VHL draft to see who drafts Latvian goaltender Clayton Park!