Sitting Down With VHLM Hopeful Before 66th Draft [1/2]

FakeJenton

With the 66th VHLM Draft rapidly approaching later tonight, emotions are beginning to run high. For these potential draftee's this could be a huge payoff for their years of hard work and dedication to the great sport of hockey and an even bigger opportunity for their future. 

Fortunately, we were able to sit down with one of these potential draftee's and ask a couple questions in order to see what it is like to get in to their head, defenseman Boone Jenton. 

Reporter: "Boone first off I'd like to thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. I know we don't have a lot of time so I'll get right in to it. We know there has to be a lot of thoughts and emotions running through your mind right now with the draft coming up so soon. How can you describe it and have you found ways to help keep those emotions in check and possibly relax a little?"

Boone: "Of course, I'm more than happy to sit down with y'all. Hmm It's really hard to put in to words what I'm feeling right now, I guess more than anything it's just excitement. I've spent the last few day's back on dad's farm so lord knows he's been keeping me busy. With all the work I've been putting in at the farm it's been easy to kind of focus on that and  ."

Reporter: "Oh I'm sure he is, that's great Boone. Do you have any thoughts on where you're going to go in the draft? Possibly even a team you'd prefer to play for?"

Boone: "I would be lucky to play for any team in the VHLM, from what I can tell each team is full of great guys both on the team and in management. As far as where I'm getting picked? I couldn't really tell ya. I know there's a lot of other talented guys that have their names in the hat tonight so it's gonna be tough. I just hope some GM's have noticed my skills and what I could bring to the table."

Reporter: "I have been able to see you play so I know first hand how much you have to offer, I'm sure those GM's know how nice it would be to have you on their teams. I know we're running out of time so I'll try to keep this brief, I just wanted to thank you again for sitting down with us. We'll finish on this, is there anything you think is important for those GM's to know about you that they may not already before going in to the draft tonight?"

Boone: "Hmm, well I guess I'd just like to say that any GM that picks me tonight is definitely making the right decision. I'm no stranger to hard work and I'll do whatever it takes to bring myself and the team to the next level."

Reporter: "I have to agree with you there Boone. Best of luck tonight, I know I'll be rooting for you" 

Boone: "Thanks"

Review - Glad to see a new member doing good Media Spot work! A lot of very typical sports interview questions (maybe with a little more punch), and a good narrative from the interviewee side (dad's farm, little hints about religiousness) that makes it believable. Couldn't find any spelling or grammar issues. Looking forward to reading more from you!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Sitting Down With VHLM Hopeful Before 66th Draft [1/2]