Edgar Tannahill Selected 10th Overall by San Diego

gregreg

“…And with the 10th selection in the S66 VHLM dispersal draft the San Diego Marlins select left winger from Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada, Edgar Tannahill!”

Just like that Edgar Tannahill is heading to California next season to play with the expansion Marlins at least that is a possibility. Before the draft started Edgar had come out in the media and said that he didn’t feel like spending another season in the VHLM. Calling it a B league in which he didn’t think was run very well. The left winger was a top 5 ranked prospect for the draft but with his comments he had made a lot of VHLM team stay clear of the out spoken winger. 

The only team to contact him before the draft was the upstart San Diego Marlins, one of three new VHLM teams. The Marlins had two first round picks and decided to ask Edgar if he would be willing to report to them. Edgar said he would wait and see what his VHL team had to say but playing in the warm beautiful city didn’t sound all that bad to him. San Diego did have the 5th overall selection, right where Edgar should go but with his comments San Diego went with S67 prospect Phil Marleau who projects to be a top prospect for next seasons draft. Edgar continued to fall but when San Diego picked at 10 they took a risk on the scoring winger. 

“I don’t know if I will commit, I still plan on playing in the VHL but so far I’ve been impressed with the staff and the players they selected. I will give them a chance and go from there. My eyes are still on Saturday VHL draft!” Said Edgar Tannahill