Hawley's season with the Aces so far. [2/2]

Xander Hawley's start to his first VHLM season with the Aces has not started how he wanted it to. He's played 8 games and he hasn't gotten a single point yet. 

(Question, Hawley's answer)

Why do you think you're not doing too well?

"I think it's just the fact, that I'm new to the league and I'm not used to playing here and also I obviously have new linemates and I'm not used to these people, so the chemistry isn't that good yet"

How long do you think it's going to take you to get that first goal/point?

"I don't think it's going to take that long anymore. I'm pretty used to playing here now and the chemistry is going up"

Do you think the fact, that your team isn't doing too good together has something to do with you not getting points?

"Well, obviously it has something to do with it. The passes and shots by our players and not the ideal passes and shots. If we get going as a team, I think everyone will do alot better then obviously"

- Game 1 - Saskatoon VS Las Vegas -

Hawley's first game ended up being a 4-3 Loss agains Wild. The game was tight and here are Hawley's stats:

0G 0A 0P +/-0 0PIM 0S 0H 0SB 3/6FO 16:29MP 9:58PP 0:00PK

So yea... Alot of ceros, ay? Well, he didn't do too well that game, though he played 16:29, which is almost one period. 9:58 on the Powerplay aswell, and still no points? Well, he didn't start off too hot...

- Game 2 - Halifax VS Las Vegas -

Well, we all know how this game ended... And it wasn't good... The Aces lost 7-2, and they were up 2-0 aswell. Hawley's stats were:

0G 0A 0P -1 0PIM 1S 0H 0SB 1/6FO 10:43MP 2:46PP 0:00PK

Still alot of ceros, as you know, but hey, atleast he got a shot this time! He was also a -1 probably due to him only winning 1 faceoff out of 6 total. He also only played about half a period this time with only 3 minutes of powerplay time. The stats speak for theirselves once again.

- Game 3 - Ottawa VS Las Vegas -

Once again the Aces getting an L, but this time it wasn't as bad as last time, even though they let almost the same amount of pucks get past Ligriv as last game. They lost 6-4. Hawley still hasn't gotten going with the stats for him this game being:

0G 0A 0P -1 0PIM 2S 0H 0SB 0/9FO 14:36MP 8:31PP 0:00PK

Once again he was a -1 with still no penalties and this game he had a really really, REALLY bad problem in the faceoff circle. Is he even a center? He lost 9 faceoffs, and guess how many he won? Well, he won 0 faceoffs... Anyways, this time he got 2 shots on net and still neither of them found the back of the net. Once again he played more than half a period, infact he played 75% of a full period. Almost 10 minutes on the powerplay again and no points, the Aces' powerplay has really not been able to capitalize.

- Game 4 - Philadelphia VS Las Vegas -

Again, the Aces' team didn't do too shabby... They lost 5 to 1 while Hawley's stats looked like this:

0G 0A 0P -1 0PIM 0S 1H 0SB 5/11FO 14:03MP 3:50PP 0:00PK

Today the big 6'3'' BossNian got a hit, while still being under 500 in the faceoff circle. He played almost the same amount as last game, with only 4 minutes of powerplay time this time.

- Game 5 - Minnesota VS Las Vegas -

The Aces lost once again... A 4 to 1 loss. This time the game on it's own was actually really tight, but the Aces just weren't able to finish on the chances. Shots were only 25-21 for the Storm.

Hawley's stats:

0G 0A 0P +/-0 0PIM 3S 1H 0SB 7/11FO 11:21MP 2:16PP 0:00PK

Probably the best stats so far for him with 3 good shots, one hit and an over 500 faceoff percentage! Now he was a +/-0 also, so not on the minus side if things. Though he only played about half a period and 2 minutes on the powerplay. His best game so far for sure!

- Game 6 - San Diego VS Las Vegas - 

This game the Aces managed to lose once again and it was another 4 to 1 loss. Hawley's stats:

0G 0A 0P +/-0 0PIM 0S 1H 0SB 0/0FO 11:21MP 3:25PP 0:00PK

To this game on Hawley's stats you might be able to see something weird? Yes, he was changed to a winger due to poor faceoff circle work. Other than that he played decently with 1 big hit and exactly the same amount of ice time than last game, but 3 and a half minutes of powerplay time. 

- Game 7 - Yukon VS Las Vegas -

Game 7 Hawley and the Aces! This game... They actually managed to win! A 3 to 2 win for the Aces! Hawley's stats:

0G 0A 0P +/-0 0PIM 2S 0H 0SB 0/0FO 8:42MP 1:30PP 0:00PK

His team did well and he didn't? I mean he had 2 shots as a wonger once again and played just under half a period and 1 and a half minutes of powerplay. One of his better games so far! 

- Game 8 - Houston VS Las Vegas - 

This game was good once again! The Aces won 4 to 3 in overtime and just like Hawley said in the interview, I think it just takes time to get the chemistry going and now that's already decent. 

0G 0A 0P -1 0PIM 1S 0H 0SB 0/0FO 10:55MP 1:50PP 0:00PK

Well, he was on the minus side and also he obly got one shot. So while his team is obviously doing pretty good, he himself can't seem to get going - But he will soon! 

You agree, right? 

Edited by MrSharkFIN

15 hours ago, FacebookFighter said:

Review- I'm unsure if you have finished this yet. But for future reference I would either keep it an interview or a weekly recap but that's my personal preference. Best of luck in the VHLM

I just wanted to try something different than other people :D 

• 2 months later...

Review: I actually really like how different you made this from a traditional Media Spot, I think its obvious you took a lot of care in writing out the weekly recap, and I think you did a great job!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Hawley's season with the Aces so far. [2/2]