Dimitri Volosenkov Press Conference

1. How has your rookie season gone so far?

2. What it´s like as a Russian player to play for a Russian VHL team?

3.  Thoughts on Moscow´s start to the season, what has been working and what has not?

4. What will be the main areas you will be working on in practice during the upcoming couple weeks?

5. Which players in Moscow´s roster you feel you have the best chemistry/connection with on the ice?

1. What are your goals this season?

2. What's your jersey number and what's the story behind it?

3. If you could give any city a VHL team, what city would you give one to.

4. What is your go-to shootout move?

5. If you weren't a hockey player, what job would you have?

6. Bauer or CCM?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2019 at 9:18 AM, jRuutu said:

1. How has your rookie season gone so far?

2. What it´s like as a Russian player to play for a Russian VHL team?

3.  Thoughts on Moscow´s start to the season, what has been working and what has not?

4. What will be the main areas you will be working on in practice during the upcoming couple weeks?

5. Which players in Moscow´s roster you feel you have the best chemistry/connection with on the ice?

1. Pretty good so far. I've somewhat exceeded my expectations i had for myself. I wasn't expecting to be in the top 5 in points for rookie scoring given how mediocre Moscow is this season.

2. It's great, you know? To be able to play so close to where my player is from is unreal. It's a real dream come true having Moscow expand the season before I'm drafted is great. Volosenkov grew up training in Moscow too so he's quite familiar with the area.

3. We know how to score goals and take penalties. We suprisingly have decent special teams but other than that we struggle in a lot of areas, allowing too many goals against most games. We have some areas to tighten up in but we're still competitive, it's not an easy W when you play us.

4. Defense. Defense. Defense. Defense. We need to be WAY better in our own end. Like i was saying before we do not play well in our own end, allowing way too many quality scoring chances. Need to do a better job getting in the passing lanes, not allowing good shots and shutting down other teams threats.

5. If i said anyone other than Jaguar I'd be lying to myself. He's an unreal center to play alongside and i don't think I'd get as many points as i do without him there.

Claiming 1 TPE week ending June 16th

Edited by SirRupertBarnes

On 5/20/2019 at 6:56 PM, SlapshotDragon said:

1. What are your goals this season?

2. What's your jersey number and what's the story behind it?

3. If you could give any city a VHL team, what city would you give one to.

4. What is your go-to shootout move?

5. If you weren't a hockey player, what job would you have?

6. Bauer or CCM?

1. I was aiming to just break 45 points but I've already done that and the seasons not quite over yet, I was mostly hoping to just be able to contribute to the team and get 10 wins. Currently we're sitting at 21 which is way more than what i was expecting.

2. I use number 77 because it was the number Volosenkov's father used during his time in the KHL. It's in memory of him as he passed away a few years ago.

3. IRL i live outside of Halifax so I'd like to see the 21st be a VHL team instead of in the M. It's never going to happen but it would be cool to see.

4. I like to come down the left side of the goalie, cut across infront of the net and do a between the legs shot back to left side as the goalie comes across. Works about 65% of the time.

5. Probably just join the Russian Army and try to get into the Sniper unit.

6. CCM. I always liked their equipment, especially their sticks. Those super tacks are legit.

1. Is overtaking Malmo in standings more important than personal stats?

2. are you worried that your prodcution might go down once Moscow gets star players to compete?

3. how much did Paolo Nano help once he joined Moscow?

4. do you actually think you're not good enough at D considering that you're +11 player? 

5. do you think Moscow is too crowded right now?

6. fav place in Moscow?

On 6/9/2019 at 3:43 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. Is overtaking Malmo in standings more important than personal stats?

2. are you worried that your prodcution might go down once Moscow gets star players to compete?

3. how much did Paolo Nano help once he joined Moscow?

4. do you actually think you're not good enough at D considering that you're +11 player? 

5. do you think Moscow is too crowded right now?

6. fav place in Moscow?

1. If i said no i shouldn't be allowed to play another game. Malmo must go down at all costs.

2. No, I'll find my role on the team and i'm fine with that. My time commitment for the VHL in the summer is slim because of work but in the winter I'll be back to production again.

3. Well he sure helped us not be the worst team in the league. Haven't noticed too much game by game but I see his name on the scoresheet quite a bit. I think it was probably worth it.

4. I try to work on my own defensive game but when i say we need to work on defense, i mean the team as a whole. I'm not singling out one specific player when i say that, just in general we allow too many goals. Everyone knows that defense wins championships.

5. We have a lot of developing talent, it just means you'll be fighting for a roster spot every step of the way.

6. anywhere with cute russian girls is a good spot.