What’s Next for Eller in Yukon? [1/2]

Ace

Lars Eller, of Copenhagen Denmark, was drafted to the Yukon Rush at the 5th overall selection. This selection came as a surprise to the young Danish winger, as his communications with the Yukon front office had been very limited leading up to the draft. Immediately after his selection, he traveled to Yukon to tour the practice facilities and training regimen. He found the locker room absolutely empty. No décor, no lockers, no players. Just an empty room. Eller began to set up his own locker in the locker room when a few of his teammates walked in. Defenseman Lance Flowers, selected 2nd overall, and then Justin Rushmore, fellow winger.

Image result for empty locker room hockey

This locker room didn't have a lot going on when Eller walked in. 

Eller quickly realized that there weren’t any centers among them. Finally, the General Manager of the Rush walked into the room that was quickly filling up. “We’re going to have to scour the market for a center man. We’ve got an awesome set of blue liners, and some real strong wingers. We just need to find someone to play down the middle.”

“I can do that.” Eller stated. Just like that, Eller, who was pegged as a two way winger with a knack at putting the puck in the net, was a center. He was to focus on developing his faceoff abilities so he can assist the Rush with possession, as losing a pivotal faceoff could be a critical factor to the puck ending up in the back of your own net.

Image result for faceoffs hockey

Eller is going to be spending a lot of time doing this this season. 

Eller studied film from last year’s VHLM Playoffs and Regular Season. He tried to figure out trick and trends that worked most often. It was quickly determined that this would not be as easy as swapping from the winger to the dot to take face offs. It’s going to be a complete change from the way he’s been playing his entire life, but he’s always been willing to go above and beyond for his team if he’s being put in a position to have the most professional success.

It looks like Eller may be playing alongside Brendan Plunkett and Justin Rushmore to start the season. These three won’t be the top line in the league, but they’ll be the spoon that stirs the Yukon Rush’s drink for the majority of the year. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Erik Draven end up in that mix at some point as well. These four will see the majority of the special team’s time on ice as well. Blue liners Wolf Stansson Jr and Lance Flowers will be the faces of the franchise that patrol the blue line for the season. I’d expect Yukon to be a low end to middle of the pack franchise by the way the standings project as of right now, but that can change quickly depending on how trades are organized and occur.

As of right now, the future is hazy for the young Danish forward. He’s changed his training to accommodate his team – now how will that impact his future in for this year, next year and eventually the VHL?

• 1 month later...

Review: Getting some logs done, so its cool to go back to the beginning of this season. Frans Eller had a hell of a season, and looking back to the start of it I think you painted a pretty good picture of what was to come. I like the photo's chosen, and nice use of different styles (ie bolding important info) to highlight stuff. Well done!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to What’s Next for Eller in Yukon? [1/2]