Seattle has never had a GM goalie

Victor

• Admin
On 1/17/2014 at 7:05 AM, Victor said:

Interestingly enough, no Seattle GM ever has recreated as a goalie while on the job. Equally, no goalie ever has been GM is Seattle.

Only such team apart from Quebec and Cologne. #themoreyouknow

That's the premise of the article. In my quest to dig out articles worthy of the HOF (as advertised earlier), I went through @CowboyinAmerica's Media Spots today as I know he always writes interesting stuff. My search proved me right although sadly that interesting stuff is almost always with a current twist making it very dated very quickly.

That said, in going through those topics I did find this quote from myself, now 5 and a half years old. And given this was posted in S36 or so, I thought surely by this point this fact would have changed. Nope. Not a single GM in Seattle's history has had a goalie as their GM player. Two of them, Greg Harbinson and Blake Campbell, were actual goalies but only became GMs after retirement. Two others, Barabash and Szatkowski, were goalie-GMs on other franchises (Toronto, Davos, Riga, Calgary most recently), but chose to not add a goalie during their time in charge of Seattle.

So there's a fun tidbit. Funnily enough, the second sentence above is also still accurate. None of Frank, Brovy, or Beaviss have ever made a goalie while GMing Quebec/Vancouver - the only goalie any of them made, Marius Henchoz, retired before Frank got to Quebec. And Cologne's GMs also opted against making goalies until the bitter end.

9 hours ago, Victor said:

I went through @CowboyinAmerica's Media Spots today as I know he always writes interesting stuff. My search proved me right although sadly that interesting stuff is almost always with a current twist making it very dated very quickly.

The Welfare changes of a few seasons ago also mean I don't write much anymore, my apologies for the disappointment :(