4 Colour Scheme Proposals for VHL Expansion

cody73

Hey guys.... with the VHL Expansion almost upon us, I wanted to take a creative stab and try to see if I could come up with some unique and flavourful colour schemes for the two new VHL teams. These 4 colour schemes would be unique to these VHL clubs, and I think either one would be fun to see on the ice. I went ahead and used a quik & simplistic template I whipped up in MS Paint for these, mostly just to show off the colours and how they would work. These are just suggestions, and I do not expect them to be used at all, but I am hoping they can inspire some creativity. 

1st off, I went with Brown & Yellow for my 1st scheme. The VHL doesn't currently have a team that wears Brown, and I feel it's a underused colour in sports. This also would be great for a team in a prairie province & would evoke farming, most notably wheat.... hence my suggestion of the Winnipeg Wheat name. 

For the 2nd colour scheme, I went with Navy & Pink, mostly because I feel these two colours contrast really well and it would also allow for a fun name like Flamingos to be used without the uniform being too garish. The MiLB's Penascola Blue Wahoo's use Navy & Pink, and I think seeing it go from a baseball diamond to a hockey rink would be very fitting. 

4h8w9kU.png

The next colour scheme is me taking a rumour from @diamond_ace and using creative liberty. He said that he was thinking of using Purple & Light Blue for his VHL club. I went ahead and decided to see if I could get those two to mesh, ending up with a Plum & Periwinkle scheme that I think really pops. It's almost Winnipeg Jets-y kinda, but also reminds me of what the Sacramento Kings have been doing as of late, using Purple now, but also using Light Blue in alternate to reflect on the teams past. However, I feel these shades of these two colours are unique enough that they don't infringe on either team & I'd love to see this scheme get used. 

And lastly, I feel the VHL could use a team that is all about Green & Blue.... however, Green & Royal goes too much into Whalers/Canucks territory, and Green & Navy would evoke Malmo too much.... however, other people I was talking with on Discord suggested that a team should wear Teal. In the end, I decided to bring two & two together, going for a Whalers meets Sharks approach... which I think looks fantastic. Teal is one of my favourite colours, and pairing it with a bright green makes me think of the Pacific Northwest, mostly Seattle. Maybe the NHL won't use it, but maybe the VHL is brave enough to use the "Kraken" name I heard rumbling about? Who knows? 

7Bu4kt2.png

Anyways, that's my four colour scheme proposals for the upcoming expansion clubs. I hope you enjoyed taking a look at my ideas and I hope I can inspire people to come up with logos, names & the like for these designs. Part of me feels I should've done a different template for each, or even done a road mock-up, but I wanted to get this in for theme week so I didn't miss out on any TPE. Maybe I could cover that part next week, advancing on this idea if people like it? Let me know, I'm open any C & C (compliments & criticism) as well as feedback from both expansion GM's.