S68 VHLM Post Draft Interview - Kris Rice

Ricer13

Post VHLM Draft Interview - Sportsnet West

DAABE5B4-01BB-4BCD-A86E-96C5C9F40FE1.png.a1e53f8372dfb5a84fa6c7489191d8c9.png

Hello everyone, David Amber here today joined by the newest member of the Mississauga Hounds, Kris Rice. It was an exciting day to say the least here in Bern, Switzerland where the VHLM S68 Dispersal Draft has taken place. Over 75 young players were drafted to start their careers on Monday and taken 43rd overall was Kris Rice.

Welcome Kris, how does it feel to be finally have this draft out of the way and to be selected by the Mississauga Hounds?

Thanks Dave, I would just like to start off my saying thank you for having me on the show. I am definitely overwhelmed with emotion after the draft. To be drafted is an absolute honour to begin with but to be drafted by the Mississauga Hounds is the cherry on top!

Now why did you have your heart set on being drafted by Mississauga?

Mississauga was the first team to reach out to me when I declared for the draft. They made the process of joining the VHLM a lot easier. The interview process went extremely well and I knew right away this was an organization that would be committed to helping me develop as a player to make it to the next level.

I imagine you have multiple people here supporting you tonight, who has really helped you along the way to get you to this point?

Yah tonight I had my mom, siblings, grandparents and a few friends come out to support me during the draft. They have all been a major part of my journey and I couldn’t be happier to have them by my side. My rock though is my mom. She has stuck with me during some rocky years as a child but never let me give up on myself and showed me there really is a light at the end of the tunnel.

That is truly inspirational, she sounds like an incredible woman. So the draft has come and gone, what’s the next step for you to prepare for the upcoming season?

Right now I am focused on improving my game. I will be spending the rest of the off season trying to improve a few aspects of my game in order to be ready for the season. I have been focusing on improving my edge work  and building the two way side of my game. 

94328B10-7459-458F-A9E1-D107C527E2BA.thumb.jpeg.982f8631581684e707283d61eef42a3a.jpeg

You mention that that you are working to improve the two way part of your game, which is more important to you, personal statistics or winning a championship?

One hundred percent winning a championship. Working on my two way game will allow me to do what I can to help the team win on either end of the ice. I want to be a reliable player that my team can count on night in and night out.

Well Kris, I would like to say congratulations on being drafted by the Mississauga Hounds. Thank you for coming to do this interview on such short notice. Good luck next season and we look forward to having you on in the future.

Thanks for having me!

There you have it, that was Kris Rice drafted by the Missisauga Hounds. Young star with a bright future. This is David Amber with Sportsnet West! Goodnight!

Word count: 551