Gritty goes after Garcia

jRuutu

The game between Malmo and Vancouver got an ugly ending when Vancouver forward Gritty tried to hurt Malmo defender Jerry Garcia after Garcia received a pass around 14 minutes into the third period, its not clear what was the reason behind Grittys actions, but the result was the following: Major / Game Misconduct Penalty to Gritty for Attempt to injure. Gritty is ejected from game. Luckily it looks like Jerry Garcia was not hurt too badly, he made a return into the game shortly after. 

After the game was over, Vancouver captain Rauno Palo was asked about the incident, this is what he had to say:

Yea you know, never want to see guys get hurt obviously, but I do appreciate Grittys effort to take one for the team, Malmo is a dirty team, they play dirty and they have dirty players who play extremely physically at times. About time someone shows them that enough is enough. I just hope the league is not going to give any suspensions to Gritty since Garcia was able to continue and everything.

Malmo won the game 5-3, next time the two clubs meet is all the way at game 357 of the season, so long time between, but willing to bet we will see an intense game that day and Gritty is a marked man for sure.

Edited by jRuutu

1 minute ago, Beaviss said:

maybe Palo should drop the mits so Gritty doesn't have to do all the dirty work.

I´m a skill player, I don´t fight thank you very much. These hands are worth at least 30 thousand dollars each.