GM 213: Riga Reign vs. Prague Phantoms

VHL Games

so this is the bitch sim logic, right? a 750 TPE difference between goalies means that a 200 TPE one is playing better? this is how it happens nowadays? 

I understood when it happened at the start of the season, but it is not normal in mid season. A 990 TPA goalie is .910 after 38 games, this is NOT NORMAL

just change this idiotic sim, it's too much random going on as of late

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

just change this idiotic sim, it's too much random going on as of late

It’s really not. Parity is high so the difference between teams is less than it seems.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

It’s really not. Parity is high so the difference between teams is less than it seems.

a parity? when a way better team loses for the second time to a team with a 180 TPE goalie? losing to a team who doesn't even have a 400 TPE player? Even if all of them have a perfect build, these kind of results are still not right. Not even mentioning we had a game that went to OT so it really could've been 3 loses already. this sim really went to shit lately

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

a parity? when a way better team loses for the second time to a team with a 180 TPE goalie? losing to a team who doesn't even have a 400 TPE player? Even if all of them have a perfect build, these kind of results are still not right. Not even mentioning we had a game that went to OT so it really could've been 3 loses already. this sim really went to shit lately

It really hasn't. You're looking at it with a complete confirmation bias and only remembering the ones that didn't go your way when you figured they should have. It's completely ignoring the many times it has gone your way. You've got 24 wins out out 38 games; it isn't like you're losing everything. Randomness will happen. If the better team on paper won every single game we'd be complaining that the sim is too predictable. On the whole the teams who should do well do well and the teams that shouldn't don't. There's always going to be a few games that go the way that they shouldn't but that doesn't mean the sim is broken.

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

It really hasn't. You're looking at it with a complete confirmation bias and only remembering the ones that didn't go your way when you figured they should have. It's completely ignoring the many times it has gone your way. You've got 24 wins out out 38 games; it isn't like you're losing everything. Randomness will happen. If the better team on paper won every single game we'd be complaining that the sim is too predictable. On the whole the teams who should do well do well and the teams that shouldn't don't. There's always going to be a few games that go the way that they shouldn't but that doesn't mean the sim is broken.

I was ok when we had problems with Prague at the start of the season. We know how it goes at that stage. But when it happens in mid season, it's just ridiculous bullshit. 

And how about .910 from my goalie? I'm doing all of them PT's, trying to make him better just to see THAT? I'm laughing and being butthurt at the same time from all of that doodoo tier stats

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

I was ok when we had problems with Prague at the start of the season. We know how it goes at that stage. But when it happens in mid season, it's just ridiculous bullshit. 

And how about .910 from my goalie? I'm doing all of them PT's, trying to make him better just to see THAT? I'm laughing and being butthurt at the same time from all of that doodoo tier stats

You're seen Holik's playoff stats right? As annoying as it is sometimes STHS just decides "I don't like this goalie" and it gives them numbers worse than what they realistically should be.

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

sometimes STHS just decides "I don't like this goalie" a

And that's a huge problem. Why even trying to earn max TPE if this doesn't do anything? I have a feeling that Clayton Park would've done a better job at this stage of the season and that's really fucked up. 

I'm really starting to wait when Kallis is done to maybe create a welfare tier player cause I'm tired. Tired of having a feeling when I'm building a team to just potentially being screwed by my own goalie.

• Commissioner
11 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

And that's a huge problem. Why even trying to earn max TPE if this doesn't do anything? I have a feeling that Clayton Park would've done a better job at this stage of the season and that's really fucked up. 

I'm really starting to wait when Kallis is done to maybe create a welfare tier player cause I'm tired. Tired of having a feeling when I'm building a team to just potentially being screwed by my own goalie.

I mean that's just my personal conspiracy theory to explain it. The honest answer is probably that as it tries to balance goals out a bit goals kinda get screwed. Combine that with generally forwards that know their shit more than before and you get goalies in general not really playing how they should.

5 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I mean that's just my personal conspiracy theory to explain it. The honest answer is probably that as it tries to balance goals out a bit goals kinda get screwed. Combine that with generally forwards that know their shit more than before and you get goalies in general not really playing how they should.

At this point I'm seeing all high TPE goalies doing a good job. All but one, you can guess one time who is this goalie. I figured it out he should finish the season with. 920+ stat despite of this slump, but I'm slowly starting to lose hope. But if he doesn't finish at least at .920, this is gonna be utterly nonsense. 

And I'm still not ok with this result, this is just stupid.