Theme- Hall of Famer [1/2]

Steve

On 10/15/2019 at 6:33 AM, Steve said:

BLACKVelvet2.png.06684f05d852ecc8b860839a55a18347.png

This graphic scared me.

I appreciate the attempt to do some de-saturation / color change by the visor. That technique can look quite nice, and it doesn't look awful here.

I think the MS Word style text work and the very very very very blurry background image does look pretty awful. Also the soft outer glow around PK is too condensed/opaque, which makes it look like PK Subban image was "cropped" with like a very soft brush, and causes it to look rushed/amateur.  Also, blurring is an important tech/tool to use in graphic design, but you really never want to have your background (when it's an actual image of something) that blurry. It looks like cave walls or something. If you are using like a color gradient, or some kind of digital pattern design image as the background, super blurring it may not look bad, but in this case, it does look bad. 

great player though (Black Velvet) and great country song. I would've maybe included some awards he won or stats or something like that. 

a p p r o v al g an g 

29 minutes ago, gorlab said:

I think the MS Word style text work and the very very very very blurry background image does look pretty awful. Also the soft outer glow around PK is too condensed/opaque, which makes it look like PK Subban image was "cropped" with like a very soft brush, and causes it to look rushed/amateur

The best part about this, it was worth 6 tpe and I am an amateur. Oh, I used to drink Black Velvet and the font kinda reminded me of it. Thanks for the helpful critique.