Davison on past and future

Bayley

Reigning Greg Clegane Trophy and Aidan Shaw Trophy winner Finn Davison has seen his old age catch up to him just a little bit. Now over the 1,000 TPE mark, the goaltender has seen a lot of Davos head in different directions putting him in a really odd position. We did catch up with Finn about this.. 

"It's weird waking up and not knowing if you have to pack your bags and head to a different location. I understand where Davos is. They are in a position where an aging goaltender may not make much sense. However, I am really not going to ask my way out. If they trade me, there is no hard feelings. They gave me a chance to succeed, and I think I have. In fact, they gave me a chance when one team in particular would not even recognize my existence. They'd rather change another player's position rather than pick me. To that team, thank you. You made me want to be better. You made me want to prove you wrong, so thank you."

Davison is only on a one year deal right now, we also did have a chance to ask him about that...

"If I stay on Davos, I have always been someone that is loyal to the team. If they move me, I will be loyal to the team that takes me. I see me playing until at least the Season 71 season, with my retirement coming in Season 72. That means, you are getting 3 seasons out of me. I am going to give it my all, 110%. I am just as hungry now as I was when I was a rookie. If someone wants to trade for me, you know what you are getting. I look forward to my next steps to see what jersey I put on this season. Nothing changes, I will still be getting max."

Where will Davison end up? Just like Davison, we will all find out soon enough! He has a lot in his bank account to purchase the lesser regressions to get everything you can from this guy. The only thing left to get is a Cup. 

Other than Moscow I'm wondering where else you end up? So odd that we are still in a situation where so many competitive teams have goalies, yet we have a rebuilding club with a top tier goalie who is in the later half of his career and could have a hard time finding a home. Then 2 seasons down the road we are in a goalie shortage again. Weirdest era for goalies in history. 

7 minutes ago, Devise said:

Other than Moscow I'm wondering where else you end up? So odd that we are still in a situation where so many competitive teams have goalies, yet we have a rebuilding club with a top tier goalie who is in the later half of his career and could have a hard time finding a home. Then 2 seasons down the road we are in a goalie shortage again. Weirdest era for goalies in history. 

I could see New York have an upgrade, but I am not sure they need one right now as they are re-tooling too. Vancouver as a 1-2 season upgrade? Moscow seems like the likely destination, and could really put that team on another level, but I am not sure they are willing to pay a lot to go for the title. 

If I stay put in Davos, I won't complain. If I move, that team will have me as long as they want me (until my told retirement). 

2 minutes ago, Poptart said:

I could see New York have an upgrade, but I am not sure they need one right now as they are re-tooling too. Vancouver as a 1-2 season upgrade? Moscow seems like the likely destination, and could really put that team on another level, but I am not sure they are willing to pay a lot to go for the title. 

If I stay put in Davos, I won't complain. If I move, that team will have me as long as they want me (until my told retirement). 

Oh yeah it's not on you. We have 12 teams in the league now so the idea was all these goalie could find homes. But the reality of circumstances created a situation where we have just enough teams rebuilding and most of our top goalie pool is old. By S65 unless we get another influx of goalies, the situation your in right now where you can't find a home would be rare, because half the league will be looking for competent starters with no faces out there.