The Blank Mask - Jacques Lafontaine

SlapshotWrangler

So one interesting bit about Jacques is that this season, he's decided to wear a peculiar goalie mask. No, he is not pulling a Dominik Hasek and only using a cage. This year, he has started off wearing a mask that is simply all white. No paints, no cool designs, no nothing. Just blank space all around. You might think that this is some weird habit of his but last season with Gatineau he wore a mask with a design. "I'm not doing this because I hate goalie mask design. Goalie mask designing and making is an art form. To me, it's just a weird way of saying that this is a clean slate, an opportunity to remake myself. I'm not going to wear this without a design for the whole season, eventually I will get it painted. But for the start of my VHLM journey, I'll be wearing a blank mask," he said to clear up any confusion. While unorthodox and weird, it is still a cool idea. So if you were confused about why he wears blank masks while watching Wild games, now you know.

53 minutes ago, zepheter said:

In before someone puts a sharpie in their pants and colors your helmet when you aren't paying attention in the middle of a game. Saskatoon you better protect your goalie.

What do you mean? 

It'll be management that provides the sharpie in the first place - to all teammates - and he gets one notch for every save he makes. 

46 minutes ago, Peace said:

It'll be management that provides the sharpie in the first place - to all teammates - and he gets one notch for every save he makes. 

I’m writing “spare parts” on his helmet next game.