S70 Draft Profiles - Part 4

Patrik Tallinder

Hello everyone! I'd like to start off this article by asking you all how I can improve this series. I've been trying to think of ways to better it, and I would really appreciate some input from other people for some new ideas. I've made some subtle changes to this one, so hopefully they help. Anyways, on to this week's rankings:

1. Edwin THE Encarnacion -

2. Mikko Lahtinen -

3. Odin Omdahl -

4. Jacques Lafontaine -

5. Damien Wolfe -

6. Lewis Dawson New

7. Jimothy Frost 1

8. Gabriel Gutzwiler 1

9. Iangenere Risteneen 1

10. Dick Cheezy 1

Not much moving around this week, besides Lewis Dawson bursting onto the scene after two extremely high TPE earning weeks to kick off his VHL career.

In a new segment, let's look at a few important things that happened this week concerning S70 draft eligibles:

- Lewis Dawson & Damien Wolfe each hit 100 TPE

- Teddy Smith & Lewis Dawson earned the most TPE among S70 players, tied with 24 apiece.

- Zepheter recruited 3 players.

If I missed anything else important, just tell me and I'll add it in!

Now, we move on to our profiles of this week:

OTT_bar.png

Shawn Glade Jr - D - 185 TPE

Despite being one of the top players of the S70 class, Shawn Glade Jr does not appear in my rankings because he is a GM player, which if I'm not mistaken, means that he will go straight to the team he manages rather than going through the draft. Amassing 20+ TPE in each of the last 3 weeks, Glade is consistently and quickly improving as a player. He is an incredibly balanced player who will contribute all over the ice, each and every night. On top of his league leading 47 shots blocked through 19 games this year, he also sits in the top 10 in assists league-wide as well. Expect him to be a star in the VHL.

OTT_bar.png

Iangenere Risteneen - LW - 66 TPE

Our second member of the Lynx, Risteneen is a versatile offensive threat. Although his skating may be a bit behind the rest of his game, he more than makes up for it with his killer instincts in the offensive zone. He has a shot that goalies must respect, and vision that makes it extremely hard to defend him, or predict his next move. Ian has earned 28 TPE in his last 2 weeks, proving that he will be a prospect to watch for the future. I see a lot of raw talent, and I think his offensive numbers will increase exponentially as the season progresses.

SSK_bar.png 

Mikko Lahtinen - C - 198 TPE

Lahtinen, part of the unanimous top 2 through the early portion of the season so far, has been nothing short of fantastic in his draft year so far. A trade on November 17th brought Lahtinen to the nearly unstoppable Saskatoon Wild, and he has been a huge part of their success since then. The lethal goal scoring center has 15 goals and 32 points in just 19 games. With his impressive offensive instincts come strong defensive abilities as well. He boasts a mind boggling 68% faceoff percentage, and plays an overall great game on both ends of the ice.

Edited by Patrik Tallinder

I love reading these every time. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to next week's edition. 

I'm not sure how else you can change up this specific draft profiles series. Maybe jumping back to some players you've already done and discuss how you were right or wrong about their original projections.

This series is very limited and I feel like you could do a lot more with the S70 draft class than just player profiles. I'd go for point leaders and/or points per team (by a single player?), trends in recruitment, player movement such as trades, etc. You'll do just fine.

7 minutes ago, zepheter said:

This series is very limited and I feel like you could do a lot more with the S70 draft class than just player profiles. I'd go for point leaders and/or points per team (by a single player?), trends in recruitment, player movement such as trades, etc. You'll do just fine.

I definitely like the point leaders idea, I’ll try to include that next week. Maybe point leaders for forwards, defensemen, and save% for goalies?

I also looked for any significant trades with S70 players this week, but couldn’t find any. I think Lahtinens was the day before the cutoff. Also, I checked to see if anyone applied for the LV GM position, but there wasn’t anyone. I feel like people getting jobs would be a good thing to add when it happens.

For the recruitment trends, do you mean where the new recruits are coming from? Like this week I’ve seen a ton from YouTube if that what you mean.

I really appreciate the feedback!

7 minutes ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

do you mean where the new recruits are coming from?

Anything from there are more or less people joining this week than the other, could be about where they're recruited from, what positions they choose, which teams are benefiting from the newer players and who looks the most promising out of them.

43 minutes ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

Despite being one of the top players of the S70 class, Shawn Glade Jr does not appear in my rankings because he is a GM player, which if I'm not mistaken, means that he will go straight to the team he manages rather than going through the draft.

He will not. He's a regular draftee unless Shawn spent his first round pick on himself.