S70 Draft Profiles - Part 6: Blast From The Past Edition

Patrik Tallinder

1949080846_image0(4).thumb.jpeg.c22156db2858ac5aebc1a5f0a28319ae.jpeg

With the season more than half over, and this series beginning just before it, the first S70 Draft Profiles seems like a long time ago. I figured it would be interesting to return to my first installment, and see what's changed since then. Here are my rankings from this week, and then from 6 weeks ago:

1. Edwin THE Encarnacion -

2. Mikko Lahtinen -

3. Shawn Glade Jr -

4. Odin Omdahl -

5. Jacques Lafontaine -

6. Lewis Dawson -

7. Damien Wolfe -

8. Chad Magnum 2

9. Iangenere Risteneen 1

10. Gabriel Gutzwiler 1

First week:

1. Mikko Lahtinen - Current Rank: 2

2. Edwin THE Encarnacion - Current Rank: 1

3. Jacques Lafontaine - Current Rank: 5

4. Odin Omdahl - Current Rank: 4

5. Dylan Carpenter - Current Rank: 34

6. Damien Wolfe - Current Rank: 7

7. Alexsandra Olsen - Current Rank: 19

8. Jimothy Frost - Current Rank: 11

9. Dick Cheezy - Current Rank: 15

10. Gabriel Gutzwiler - Current Rank: 10

At first glance, it becomes clear that I was wrong about Dylan Carpenter. He has been pretty inactive lately, which earns him the lower ranking. Despite this, Carpenter does have enough TPE that if he started to earn TPE every week again, he could find himself shooting up the ranks. Most of my other picks are still generally highly ranked, and Encarnacion even went up in the rankings.

Before we continue looking back on the beginning of the season, there are a few things to get out of the way.

Stats

Name

Goals

Name 

Assists

Name

Mikko Lahtinen

Edwin THE Encarnacion

Shawn Glade Jr

Odin Omdahl

Shawn Glade Jr

Edwin THE Encarnacion

Shawn Glade Jr

Odin Omdahl

Odin Omdahl

Leon Gutzwiler

Mikko Lahtinen

Mikko Lahtnen

Gabriel Gutzwiler

Teddy Smith

Leon Gutzwiler

Edwin THE Encarnacion

Iangenere Risteneen

Iangenere Risteneen

Iangenere Risteneen

Leon Gutzwiler

Gabriel Gutzwiler

Jimothy Frost

Jimothy Frost

Jimothy Frost

Owen Kaitanaq

Gabriel Gutzwiler

Kyle Andersen

Derek Eriksson

Kyle Andersen

Teddy Smith

Name

Save %

Jacques Lafontaine

Jaxx Hextall

Jack Goff

Aleksandr Aleksandrov

Markour

News

Quite a bit happened this week for the S70 Draftees, so here's a quick recap:

Maasa earned a job as the Portal News Manager. Congrats to him!

Mississauga sent Jared Spaz and Elias Ostling to Yukon.

Mexico City sent Chad Magnum to Yukon.

13 players were created this week.

6 right wingers were created this week.

Chad Magnum earned the most TPE for the second week in a row, with 35.

Edwin THE Encarnacion maxed out in TPA this week, hitting the VHLM limit of 250

Shawn Glade Jr hit 200 TPE this week.

Chad Magnum, Iangenere Risteneen and Jimothy Frost each hit 100 TPE this week.

If I missed anything important, let me know!

Profiles

Now, let's take a look at my first profiles, and see how true they've turned out to be so far.

SSK_bar.png

Jacques Lafontaine - G - 115 TPE

The top ranked goalie in the draft, Lafontaine has burst onto the scene recently. With lightning quick reflexes and consistency that a team can rely upon night to night, the Canadian netminder is sure to be a game changer for whoever picks him up in Sunday's Dispersal Draft. Not only is he consistent on the ice, but off the ice he's been putting the work in as well, amassing a remarkable 35 TPE in the past 2 weeks. If he maintains his consistency, it wouldn't surprise me to see him challenge the current unanimous top 2.

Although he hasn't challenged Encarnacion and Lahtinen, Lafontaine has been anything but disappointing. The goalie leads the VHLM in wins, save %, and GAA for goalies with 5 or more games played. He still looks to be a great goalie for whoever ends up drafting him.

Miss_TeamBar_u9NDfdA.png

Jimothy Frost - C - 57 TPE

My 8th ranked prospect, Jimothy Frost, is of a unique breed. Born in Antarctica, Jimothy is actually part penguin. Just as the Penguins in the NHL know a thing or two about scoring goals, the penguins in Antarctica seem to know their fair share as well. The 16 year old is young, but a gifted goal scorer with an impressive two way game to go along with it. Being a 1st generation player, the biggest thing to be determined about Frost is whether he will stay consistent in earning TPE on a weekly basis. So far, all signs point to yes, as he hasn't had one inactive week to date.

To me, this is all still applicable to Frost today. He has shown immense potential, but has been a bit inconsistent as of late. If he can pick it back up, expect him to be a top 10 pick for sure.

Mex_TeamBar_DuH83yf.png

Odin Omdahl - D - 101 TPE

Zepheter's player, Odin Omdahl, is one that should have all eyes on him. Trying to reach 500 content count, zepheter has been incredibly active on the forums recently, and Omdahl will be reaping the rewards from it. He is a great two way defenseman, with nice mobility and a cannon for a shot. Expect him to put up numbers in all categories in the VHLM this season, and be an important piece for whichever team lands him in the draft. I see an all-situations defender with good potential to be a powerplay quarterback.

Well, zepheter got to 500 content count, and it's safe to say Omdahl has definitely turned out to be an incredible player because of it. He has put up very impressive numbers as a defenseman, and I would be shocked to see him outside the top 5 come draft time.

Thanks for reading, and shoutout to all the S71's just starting up with their new players! S71 Draft Profiles will come as soon as the S70 draft passes!

Kinda crazy seeing how far many of these guys have come in just the past couple of weeks. Glade was around 20th in league scoring but currently sits at 5th in the M. It's quite evident that the S70 class is starting to catch up to the top scorers around this time in the season.