Season 38 Entry Draft Rankings vs Season 37 VHL Draft

Mike

Season38_5.png

In an effort to mix it up seeing how this class stacks up to last.  A little late this week since updates were late.

The Season 37 VHL Playoffs are nearing the end of their first round.  That means before you know it the history will be written into the books.  All eyes will be onto free agency and more importantly the Season 38 VHL Entry Draft.  With an entire season of hard work, training, and games we are really starting to get a good feel for who the Season 38 draftees are.  In the coming weeks we will see final mock drafts and previews of the Season 39 Draft Class.  This leaves us this week to look back and see how our current players stack up to the Season 36 draftees.

The sheer number of players and players who have progressed throughout the year is actually remarkably close.  The Season 36 class was remarkably talented and full of depth well into the second round.  Many considered the Season 36 Draft to be one of the generational “super drafts” filled with talent that not only changes a team but creates a dynasty.  Players such as Tom Slaughter and Slaeter Fjorsstrom who even at the time of the draft before one single VHL game had Hall of Fame talks about them.  Do we see that same success in this draft and how do the drafts compare overall?

As I said before the sheer number of prospects and number who have accumulated TPE at all is fairly similar.  The quality of the players compared to the two drafts is what we are looking at today.  Looking back to last season’s draft we see nearly 2000 TPE spread among the draftees and again it was kind of a “super draft”.  Currently the Season 38 Draft sits around 1350 TPE.  What is important to note is we have a couple weeks until the draft and the VHLM achievement tracker.  For a rough estimate lets add 6 TPE to eight different players for the course of two weeks.  Let us also add 15 TPE to eight skaters and see what our new total would be.  That would bring our closer estimates to nearly 1600 TPE for this draft class.

Now that is again a rough guess as we have players like Ashton Galbraith who has been hoarding his TPE and generally we’ve seen 10-13 players updating.  Some also have jobs and earn extra TPE and misc. free TPE from the VHLM like practice and fantasy zones.  It wouldn’t be unrealistic to only have 200-300 TPE difference between the drafts which actually makes quite a lot of sense.  Slaughter and Fjorrstrom both had around 300 TPE at the draft which was an enormous amount of TPE.  If you normalize the numbers from those two the drafts are actually very similar.

When looking between the two classes we’ve got to give the edge to Season 37.  I will classify Season 38 as “above average” with solid prospects throughout the first round and potential VHL stars into the second.  What we had in Season 37 though was that special class of superstars at the top of the draft and considerable first round talent available in the second.  I’d say this draft class compares to Season 34 most recently.  Plenty of good players have panned out from that draft and I’d say Season 38 is on their way to doing the same.

I ONLY HAVE A 12TPE LEAD ON DRAPER, omg I might fall to 3rd now...

Nice read though Mike! This draft should be very interesting with all the new guys and returning members making their pushes.

• Senior Admin

I ONLY HAVE A 12TPE LEAD ON DRAPER, omg I might fall to 3rd now...

Nice read though Mike! This draft should be very interesting with all the new guys and returning members making their pushes.

meh you have nothing to worry about, i done with all my doubles and shit so i have to gain tpe like a normal person now :(