Acydburn the Semi-Sung Unsung Hero

rjfryman

An Ode to Acydburn

There once was a guy who had many jobs. 

Whom had to find a replacement for WJC Commissioner. 

It was a hard selection process, but one stood out.

Once selected he shone bight.

Glad to have such a partner.

Whom works smart, hard, and often.

@Acydburn

So once I heard this topic I only had to think for a minute to figure out whom I would be writing 500 words about. It took longer writing the silly ode above than it took me to have a rough outline of everything I would say. Well first things first. I remember when Acyd first came into the league. He joined the season after me and he actually joined my old VHLM team, the Halifax 21st. I was still semi-active there trying to help new people understand the league and help out where I could. I was only first starting out as a recruitment team person. Acyd came in and was unsure about a lot of things like every new person ever but we started talking about the Victory Hockey Fantasy League, just like McWolf talked to me the season before I helped a new person like I was helped. It was a good feeling to help someone out after being drafted since the first year of the VHL is pretty since you suck and can't really help the team that much. But either way I was talking with Acyd and helping him out when I started to share some of the code I was working on to help the league and things like that. He was super supportive and great to talk to. 

I was excited to see when he got his own VHLM team and I was rooting for him to do a good job. It wasn't that tough to see why he got the job since he was active and hard working. Then he went and got himself the VHLM Fantasy job which is another great cap in his hat. All these things lead to him being a great contributor to his team and the league. especially to the VHLM. These are hard things to do, especially since this is a pro heavy league where once you get to the pros you often don't even care about the minors, so I applaud anyone who chooses to work hard to help the new people and try to get them hooked. B/C without those who work in the VHLM it would be hard for the league to grow. 

All these things I did not know too much about from personal experience since when he became a GM i was already a pro, and with the rules saying vhlers can't do VHLM fantasy I barley see his work. That all changed when I was asked to do the WJC again and had to pick my partner. It was a tough selection process since there were many qualified applicants but when I saw that Acyd applied I kinda was super stoked to have him work with me. That all changed once I started to need to get things done and didn't have the time though. Anything that was almost done or needed a second look, Acyd was there to help. when some of the GM's were not ready Acyd was there for a mock roster and to help select a backup GM. When we needed to get things done all I had to do was ask and I knew it would get done. With Bana officially still being the top dog of the WJC when he said something needed to get done. Acyd or I were on it. This was the first time in a long time that when I needed something done and didn't have the time that I knew it would get done, because Acyd would get it done. He has been helpful with ideas as well how to improve the WJC. It has been a pleasure working with him. I'm glad to have found a partner whom works really well with me since I know I'm not the easiest person to work with. 

To Acydburn a great partner whom I hope I get to work with again.