S70 Draft Profiles - Part 7: Unsung Heroes Edition

Patrik Tallinder

1949080846_image0(4).thumb.jpeg.c22156db2858ac5aebc1a5f0a28319ae.jpeg

Well, it's theme week, and the theme is unsung heroes. Provided my lack of creativity and my enjoyment making this series, we're back here again to talk about S70 draftees. But not just any draftees; the unsung heroes of the S70 draft so far. These are players who I feel have quietly made cases for themselves to be selected perhaps higher than most might expect. Now, enough with the talking, here are this week's rankings:

1. Mikko Lahtinen 1

2. Edwin THE Encarnacion 1

3. Shawn Glade Jr -

4. Odin Omdahl -

5. Jacques Lafontaine -

6. Lewis Dawson -

7. Chad Magnum 1

8. Damien Wolfe 1

9. Iangenere Risteneen -

10. Jimothy Frost New

A dethroning has occurred! I feel that Lahtinen has been consistently earning more TPE than Encarnacion lately, hence the switch. Chad Magnum continues to steadily rise, and Jimothy Frost reenters the top 10 after a 2 week absence. 

Stats

Name

Goals

Name 

Assists

Name

Odin Omdahl

Shawn Glade Jr

Shawn Glade Jr

Mikko Lahtinen

Edwin THE Encarnacion

Edwin THE Encarnacion

Shawn Glade Jr

Odin Omdahl

Odin Omdahl

Gabriel Gutzwiler

Mikko Lahtinen

Mikko Lahtnen

Iangenere Risteneen

Iangenere Risteneen

Iangenere Risteneen

Leon Gutzwiler

Leon Gutzwiler

Leon Gutzwiler

Edwin THE Encarnacion

Teddy Smith

Gabriel Gutzwiler

Owen Kaitanaq

Kyle Andersen

Kyle Andersen

Kyle Andersen

Gabriel Gutzwiler

Teddy Smith

Jimothy Frost

Jimothy Frost

Jimothy Frost

Name

Save %

Jacques Lafontaine

Jaxx Hextall

Aleksandr Aleksandrov

Jacob buchholz

Jack Goff

News

Mikko Lahtinen maxed  out in TPA this week, hitting the VHLM limit of 250

Odin Omdahl hit 200 TPE this week.

Gabriel Gutzwiler  hit 100 TPE this week.

Mikko Lahtinen earned the most TPE this week, with 26.

Profiles

Now, to the part that relates to theme week. Here are my 3 unsung heroes for the S70 Draft class:

PHI_bar.png

Kyle Andersen - D - 99 TPE

From what I've seen, there hasn't been a ton of hype surrounding Kyle Andersen, which I cannot explain. Currently my 11th ranked prospect, he has quietly developed into a first round talent in my eyes. He has been almost a point per game as a defenseman in Philly this year, and has produced nicely at both ends of the rink, being a +31. Although his offensive game could be polished more, I believe Andersen will become an effective VHL defenseman, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the top 10 come draft time.

YUK_bar.png

Jared Spaz - RW - 82 TPE

Spaz has been earning TPE at rates on par with the top prospects since he joined the league, yet because he joined a bit later, he is not considered one of them. Expect him to continue rising in the rankings, where he already sits at 14 for me, and potentially force himself into first round talks. The Italian winger is a responsible two-way winger with some notable scoring instincts to go along with it. He is great with the puck in all situations that present themselves to him. Despite this, his skating is a little behind the rest of his dynamic game. I'm excited to see how Spaz does through his career.

Miss_TeamBar_u9NDfdA.png

Justin Graves - RW - 76 TPE

Justin Graves suffers from the same problem as Jared Spaz, where he joined later than most of his contemporaries, yet is quickly catching up. The 22 year old has a great mind for the game, and sees the ice very well. He is smart in his zone, and is a sensational passer in the offensive zone. Although the points haven't necessarily come rolling in for Graves, I would expect to see them shoot up sooner, rather than later. He has shown immense potential, and I believe he is definitely one to watch in the draft this season.