Unsung Heroes: Peace (Sask GM)

David O'Quinn

While GM's may go respected behind the stage, in the wide open they are often not held as highly as they should be. Therefor - I would call them unsung Heroes. My unsung hero today is Peace - the GM of Saskatoon. Since November 1st, Peace has completed 6 trades (bringing in superstar Danny DeYeeto, along with important sidepieces Havolva and Nyman), 1 draft, and an unknown amount of signings because our dear GM hasn't kept the 'signings list' updated ?

While it's true that any idiot with a brain could have made a great team come of that draft - few idiots, if any could have put a team into that situation. Furthermore, with the situation he gifted to himself, Peace successfully made a number of trades that improved the team significantly and turned Saskatoon from team to beat into the team to beat in S69. 

So it will go down in history that the Saskatoon team of S69 was one of the best the VHLM had ever seen, what I imagine will be talked about much less is how the crafty man named Peace, and his sidekick, managed to do it. 

194 words, claiming for unsung heroes week.

For the updater: 

Edited by JohnOQuinn