Killing Time

Erik Summers

Killing Time

At the midway point of the second round of the VHLM playoffs, the Mexico City Kings and the Mississauga Hounds are tied 2-2 in their series. After the first two games, I wrote an article about how Everyone in Mexico City Sucked, however, in the next two games, Mexico City rallied and fixed almost every shortcoming shown in the first two games. In that article, I also highlighted the very few things I thought were going right for the Kings. One of those things was Penalty Killing, and boy has it been good.

Through four games, the Kings have been on the PK twenty two times. That is bad. Mexico City needs to play a move disciplined game if they are going to succeed. However, their PK unit has bailed them out big time in this series. The Cartel has given up zero goals while a man down and even scored a shorthanded goal in game two. Summers, Daldo, Dawson and Omdahl lead the team in PK minutes and, despite not always showing up on the points sheet, Mexico City is going to have to give these four a lot of credit if they make it to the finals.