Offseason so far - part 2

diamond_ace

3 - PRG/HSK : S70 HSK 3rd and S71 HSK 4th for Rights to Erik Draven

Our friend the Crow had decided to go to free agency, which is always a fun time for the player, but not so great for the team. However, it happens, and I bear no lasting grudges and wish Draven good luck. Helsinki had a deal on the table for Draven at the trade deadline actually, pending one thing, and then when that thing went the opposite direction the trade didn't happen. When the playoffs were nearing conclusion, both Helsinki and Riga approached about a rights deal, and this is what got done.

4 - PRG/CGY-B : Roll Fizzlebeef for S72 PRG 1st and S70 HSK 3rd

The 3rd I just got from Helsinki was flipped to Calgary in this deal, along with the S72 1st. Originally, I'd expected Fizzlebeef to be too expensive, as I'd heard there was an offer out there of a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, including a particularly early 1st where the picks are at their highest value. When that deal did not happen, being online late at night played to my advantage and we got this deal done in what Gorlab calls the "degen hours" of the night.

Overall summary:

IN - Brick Wahl, Edward Vigneault, Roll Fizzlebeef, S71 HSK 4th

OUT - S70 PRG 1st, S72 PRG 1st, S70 PRG 2nd, Rights to Erik Draven

Most importantly on the picks front, we still keep the S71 1st, which is a pick I already have a guy in mind for, a season out still. On the whole, I expect the European playoff race to be tightly fought, with 5 teams all taking a shot at it. Ultimately though, I expect this ought to be enough to see my guys have something to do other than golf when the season ends, and to make the playoffs for the first time in the franchise's short history.