Riga Starts Slow... Again

Renomitsu

Riga, Latvia - Another season, another concerning start for Riga. The Reign have a perfectly-even 5-5-0 record at the moment, which for many fans might not be concerning ten games into the season. But for Riga, who have made a strong playoff push several prior seasons in a row, the hecklers are out in full force.

"Davos? They don't even have a real GM. I heard he's a Satanist, or he called Halifax Satanists, or something. How'd we lost to them anyways?" one fan posted.

Another sought out individual players to criticize: "lul more like apollo HACK am i right what a pointless washed up goon. i could do his job AND jerry garcia's @GustavMattias at the same time come on"

While the fans expect a consistently elite winning rate week-in and week-out, the Reign players don't take their wins for granted. After all, the league is constantly evolving, and the European Conference is typically a very tight race.

"Yeah, happens every season. Just need some time to figure out line chemistries and strategies -- shake the rust off, right?" said Apollo Hackett, who's now in his fifth season with the Reign, "I'm not too concerned about it. Bottom teams will sit at the top at some point in most seasons, and top teams will do the opposite. We just have to make sure the standings don't stay that way.

"Beyond that, we're working with a new goalie and a few new guys up front. I'm glad to be working with Codrick [Past, now a center] from time to time - always good to see a fellow S66 classmate."