Downey Putting Up Huge Offensive Numbers – Eyes Still on Cup

JeffD

Downey Putting Up Huge Offensive Numbers – Eyes Still on Cup

Vancouver, British Columbia – Third year Vancouver Wolves defenseman Jeff Downey is having a breakout season for the team and is really starting to develop into the franchise defenseman the Wolves thought they selected at fourth overall three seasons ago. Downey currently sits fifth in defenseman scoring with 47 points in 50 games and is fifth in the league in +/-. While it looks like it will be tough for him to catch Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen for the lead, he is putting up good enough numbers that should see him at least considered for the leagues most improved player award.

‘While individual accolades are always great and really put a nice cherry on top of a good season, a cup is the end goal at all points. If I can continue my development through this season and can put the Wolves in a good position to take it all home in the playoffs that is all I really care about. I really believe this team has what it takes to do that. There is talent all the way up and down this lineup and everyone is contributing at such a high level, it is crazy.’