Isaías Valencia Press Conference

scoop

1. Why joining Saskatoon?

2. What are your expectations for what is left of the season?

3. What player do you model your game after?

4. What VHL team would be your dream destination in the S72 Draft?

5. How many coffees do you need in the morning?

6. you join the league as the new player of the veteran scoop agency. Tell us quickl about one past player in the agency?

4 hours ago, McWolf said:

1. Why joining Saskatoon?

2. What are your expectations for what is left of the season?

3. What player do you model your game after?

4. What VHL team would be your dream destination in the S72 Draft?

5. How many coffees do you need in the morning?

6. you join the league as the new player of the veteran scoop agency. Tell us quickl about one past player in the agency?

1. I'm just looking to get the most experience possible right now. Saskatoon offered me ample playing time, and I could tell by looking at the size of the roster that was a promise that would be kept. There was no way I would be able to contribute to a team that was trying to compete, so chasing a cup seemed pointless.

2. A lot of losing, but a lot of playing time. Of our 16 remaining games, 12 are against teams with a winning record. Four of those are against the first-place Storm. It's gonna be a rough time for the team, and while we might pick up a win or two against another one of the bottom teams, it's possible we don't win another game. I'd like to get my first VHLM goal out of the way before the season ends, though.

3. More so than any other player, I guess I'd say Shawnomir Jagr. I'm not strictly modelling my game after him, but I think he plays very similar to how I would like to. He's smart out there, aware of what's going on. A good offensive player, but capable defensively. You won't see him mixing it up too much with other players, but he can certainly hold his own.

4. Dream destination? Why, the Madrid Thunder of course.

5. None; I don't touch the stuff.

6. Fayt Leingod, my first player (other than an entirely inactive goalie), played at least one full VHL season, one All-Star Game, and one World Cup at each forward position.

BANA PC BOMB

run away nuclear explosion GIF by Identity

1. Do you have any fears? If so, list and shit.

2. Do you have any pet peeves? If so, list and shit.

3. What's something you're looking forward to in 2020?

4. What is something you're not looking forward to in 2020?

5. Where is the next place you plan to travel to? OR, where do you want to go if you could etc.

6. What is your GO-TO snack?

7. What is your favourite food or food that you crave most?

@scoop

Here goes something

17 minutes ago, Banackock said:

1. Do you have any fears? If so, list and shit.

Tangibles:

-heights, if I'm unsecured. Like, I'm fine on a roller coaster or in a building; but if I'm standing on top of a cliff looking down, FUCK FUCK FUCK. And I don't even like seeing someone I'm with looking down too close to the edge. I just start to panic.

-centipedes somewhat. I don't know if I would necessarily call it a fear, but my feet are not touching the ground if I see one crawling around. I hate them.

Intangibles:

I might end up going off on a bit of a tangent here. And it's going to be a bit rambly. Typical things like rejection, failure, being meaningless and alone. I don't like to put myself out there, because I view rejection as failure and failure is BAD. Why do something if you are no good at it, right? I don't like trying new things. I've been working at Wal-Mart for nearly five years now even though I'm overqualified because it's easy and I know I can do it. Why try anything else? I'm good at this easy thing! I feel like I will never matter. Like, people can say I matter to them all they want, but I feel like I make no difference in anyone's life. And it's like, what's the point? The way it seems like it's always been for me is this: I'm everyone's friend, but nobody's best friend. And it'll always be that way. I know, I shouldn't depend on others to be happy, but that doesn't work for me. I don't know what my point is here. I'm depressed and anxious.

2. Do you have any pet peeves? If so, list and shit.

People who make fun of musical interests. Or television or anything that doesn't impact their life. Just let people be happy with the things that make them happy, if it's not affecting anyone. I mean, I guess just being rude in general, but that should just be a given. Don't make fun of someone because they like Nickelback or anime or whatever. I already feel insecure enough, I don't need you making me feel like I can't share the things that I like.

Here's an example. So my favorite band is Motion City Soundtrack. A lot of my musical interests (and really everything: gaming, television, humor) was influenced greatly by my older brother. He found out from my sister that my favorite band is Motion City Soundtrack. And he's just like, no one's favorite band is Motion City Soundtrack. He proceeds to talk about how they are alright, but after their first album they don't matter. Like, okay fine whatever. It really shouldn't matter to me, but my life has been so influenced by him. His taste in music went elsewhere, and that's fine. But he doesn't have to mock my favorite band. And then he proceeds to say "that's like someone's favorite band being Alkaline Trio." HEY GUESS WHO MY SECOND FAVORITE BAND IS. And he knew that too. He then also said something about Streetlight Manifesto being an awful band for their genre. Why. Why are you saying these things? What are you accomplishing? Do you want me to ever talk to you about things that I like EVER?

3. What's something you're looking forward to in 2020?

First off, I'm going to cheat and say something that already happened, because I'd been looking forward to it for several months. Years, in a way. I saw my favorite band, Motion City Soundtrack, in concern last week. I'm not really a concert goer, and this was definitely the biggest I've been to. It was awesome. A few years ago, though, they had a "Farewell Tour." They were, at least for the time being, done. I wanted to make it to a show, but I couldn't make it work. I'd considered that to be one of the biggest regrets of my life that didn't really affect my life. Then I heard they were having a reunion tour and I knew I'd have to go. So I made sure I did and it was great. When they first stepped on stage, I had this huge grin on my face. Like, they were RIGHT THERE. And I was near the front so I could see them clearly.

Okay, so that was something that I had been looking forward to. What am I looking forward to now? One of my sisters is getting married later this year. That's exciting. I'm one of the groomsmen as well. I have a friend getting married in a couple months as well. I like weddings because people are happy (I also don't like them because they remind me of how forever alone I might be).

4. What is something you're not looking forward to in 2020?

Training for, and running, a marathon.

5. Where is the next place you plan to travel to? OR, where do you want to go if you could etc.

I don't really travel. I work at Wal-Mart so I don't have money. And I don't really care about going anywhere in particular. Actually, I think seeing the pyramids would be cool. Just to see how massive they actually are. I want to see something really big that the pictures don't do justice.

6. What is your GO-TO snack?

Sour cream and onion Pringles

7. What is your favourite food or food that you crave most?

ICE CREAM