Tanner signs with Wild.

Keygan

While it comes to the surprise of many Connor Tanner steps to the podium to announce his signing with the Saskatoon Wild, a VHLM franchise, a far cry from the SMJHL franchise his father signed with as a free agent with all those years ago.

“I am ecstatic to announce that I will be joining the Saskatoon Wild for the remainder of the season before I move on into the season 71 VHLM draft that will be happening this offseason. I want to take this opportunity to thank the managers and front office of the Wild who graciously offered me a roster spot in order to hone my skills ahead of the coming draft, without them I would be a man lost in space until the coming draft. I want to take this time to answer a few questions the press may have.”

“Connor, what led you to declaring for the VHLM rather than the SMJHL?”

“Honestly I am just looking to build a different career than my father, he was a special player but I want people to remember me for who I am as a player, not who my father was, not who my mother was but who I am. I’m a talented skater and I’m going to make a name for myself and quickly, I can promise you that.”