Hackett Makes a Bad Pass... To Himself?

Nykonax

@Renomitsu is notorious for his bad passes. All of last season, and even some of this season his passes, if you can even call them that have been driving his teammates wild. Former teammate Elias Dahlberg was so fed up that he quit after his 6th season, right as he's coming out of his prime, and Ryan Kastelic is retiring this season. But today something weird happened, something that has never happened before, Apollo Hackett mad a bad pass... to himself? In game 7 of the first round the Riga Reign took on the Helsinki Titans, and Hackett was the go to guy. In the 2nd period something happened that changed Hackett. 10 minutes into the second period the defenseman was on a 2 on 1 with forward Pat Svoboda, and most fans, even Svoboda were expecting a bad pass that ended up in the back of the net, but that didn't happen this time. As Hackett tried to send it right to Svoboda's stick it slid off too early and hit the pad of Alexander Pepper, the Titans goalie. The puck bounced off the pad and landed back on Hackett's stick, something he never expected. When asked about it Hackett said:

"It was so weird, I was trying to pass it to Svoboda but it just came right back to me, and at that moment I realized something... I realized how bad my passes have been. At first I thought it was some kind of joke, but now I realize it's a serious issue, and something that only I can fix. From this day on I swear I'll never make a bad pass again"