Pengu's Future in the VHLM and VHL

Pengu

12449484_web1_180623-IFD-Canucks-Woo.jpg

Pengu formerly of the Halifax 21st has found two new homes. For his development, he will continue to play in the VHLM but this time around it’s for a different team. After the VHLM Dispersal Draft, the young center found himself dropping all the way to Round 2, 17th pick overall. But it’s not exactly all bad news. The Las Vegas Aces is actually in a great position to win it all this season. With the steal of Pengu that late, the Aces find a lot of value for both sides of the rink.

The real Cinderella story is actually about where Pengu got drafted for the VHL. In S71’s entry draft Pengu was picked first round, 10th overall by the strong, well respected Riga Reign. The Reign valued Pengu’s potential and with that much I can agree. Constantly showing huge strides in his gameplay week by week really shows the skies the limit. Especially with how Pengu is, you can tell he is loyal to his team and how hard he’ll work. Even though it may be a gamble… it’s a darn good one!

Congrats to Pengu and the Las Vegas Aces, as well as the Riga Reign!

Edited by Pengu

The same thing happened to me in the VHLM dispersal draft, I was drafted 9th overall in the VHL draft but fell all the way down to 32nd overall in the VHLM draft, I was the last pick of round 3. The Minnesota Storm picked me up and look what happened we won the cup!! I was I think around 200 TPE when the draft happened and I got to 250 before the season started.