Johnson Getting Gold at World Cup

fonziGG

I'm super excited to get gold at the World Cup with my teammates. It was super fun to get a medal in my sim career finally. This World Cup was a super fun experience, especially since I got to GM the Mercenaries. 

Going into this entire process, I wanted to give this a one last hoorah for players that were retiring and the legend, Quik, while also maintaining a very competitive team. I had fun, and there were a lot of surprises! I still can't believe I got to get the team I had at the World Cup. Players like Kriketers, Hackett, Bailey, Downey, and Stropko JR, for example, were available, and I feel like they shouldn't have been. Granted, not every single player can make their respective countries, so no matter what, I still would've had players that slipped through the cracks. No matter what, though I'm incredibly proud of this entire team and our performance, I wish we got a medal, but alas, it was not meant to happen.

Overall, I do feel that the World Cup deserved some more coverage. If there was more marketing, this could be a more competitive tournament that would be great for the league. I remember entering the league and thinking, one day I'm going to make World Cup team. Now, I've barely given it a thought. I do know that the VSN has a lot on its plate with the upcoming drafts and awards during the time leading up to the next season but it would be fun to see a bit of content on the World Cup. Granted, this is no slight to anyone or a call to change anything. I just think the World Cup is an underrated competition.

• Admin
Just now, fonziGG said:

Overall, I do feel that the World Cup deserved some more coverage. If there was more marketing, this could be a more competitive tournament that would be great for the league. I remember entering the league and thinking, one day I'm going to make World Cup team. Now, I've barely given it a thought. I do know that the VSN has a lot on its plate with the upcoming drafts and awards during the time leading up to the next season but it would be fun to see a bit of content on the World Cup. Granted, this is no slight to anyone or a call to change anything. I just think the World Cup is an underrated competition.

Definitely need to be more visible and not simmed in 3 days. Semifinals and finals in 1 sim is a bit meh.

1 hour ago, fonziGG said:

For us at VSN there was a plan to cover it but with other stuff we have going on in the off-season, it was unfortunately impossible :(  
Maybe the next time?