The Stars Of Tomorrow: Vol. 1

Patrik Tallinder

qQffnxi.jpg

There is a lot of talent that comes and goes from the VHLM each and every season. Following the VHLM gives people a chance to see the future of the VHL; the near future, that is. What if there was a way to see further down the road? Well, it's impossible to be able to know of all the first gens that will find their way here, or old faces making returns to the league. But there is something we can look forward to, and that is recreates. I've been asking around to players near retirement for information on their next players, and I've found a bit of success, though I don't have enough players to make this the series I envisioned so far.

Ideally, "The Stars Of Tomorrow" would be a biweekly series in which I take a brief look at current users' next players, covering in each article. With my limited amount of players, that probably won't happen as of now. But that's where all of you come in. If you know the name and build type of your next player, feel free to share it with me through PM. You don't have to be near retirement, just know the previously mentioned details. I'd love to see this series do well, but if not, it is what it is. Well, without stalling any longer, let's get into it.

Wu5QT65.jpg

MICAH ADRIENNE

User: Poptart

Current player: Finn Davison (1338 TPE, S64)

Our first player is Micah Adrienne, Poptart's next player. Adrienne is a huge defenseman with an exceptional defensive mind, who can shut down his opponent's best players on a nightly basis. He is fortunate to have the physical tools that he has, because his long reach and powerful stride make him extremely frustrating to play against. His brother, Condor Adrienne, was selected 1st overall in the S68 draft by Malmo, and Micah has learned a lot from him since they were young. As of now, if I'm not mistaken, he is projected to have the full 50 carryover TPE, giving him 80 total base TPE to start out with. This will give him a headstart on most of his fellow S73 draftees, and I'm sure he will make the most of it. This season he played in the Netherlands, where he unfortunately had his season cut short due to a torn ACL. Despite this, with a full recovery, everyone should expect a very successful career from him in the VHL.

MunlYH3.jpg

NILS TALLINDER

User: Patrik Tallinder

Current player: Patrik Tallinder (616 TPE, S69)

Nils was actually the inspiration for this series, as I just wanted to make an article about his future career in the VHL. I realized that it might be a fun idea to see the other players who have yet to be created, and so here we are. Anyways, Nils Tallinder is an exciting young center with incredible vision and puck handling abilities. He is much more physically intimidating than his oldest brother Patrik, though he doesn't have his raw scoring ability or skating. He is 6'4", and although he doesn't play a very physical game, he protects the puck very well. The Swede often makes flashy, high risk plays that are either highlights or nightmares, but as he is young, he still has plenty of time to mature. He was playing in the SuperElit this season, where he put up 14 points (5G, 9A) in 19 games as a 15 year old. It will be around a full year until we see Nils due to him only being 15 at the the moment, but until then he will be working hard to get to the VHLM.

Like I said earlier in the article, I would appreciate it if anyone who has plans for their next player would reach out to me. I think it could be a fun series, but if there aren't enough players, it can't work. If there's just isn't enough people who have that planned yet, then it is what it is, and I could maybe make it a once per season thing.

• 3 weeks later...