What does it take to be great

rjfryman

When I first started in this league there were legends and there was everyone else. I saw the people at the top and they were some of the best. Every season they were at the top of their game and would be in contention with every award. I am probably very wrong about it but now I feel like it is kinda different. There are more good players that all kinda stay around the same level, instead of having a few great players we have a bunch of good players. I put myself in that category of a good player. I am the top LW in terms of TPA and TPE and I can only say that I am a good player. It surprises me every time a sim comes in and I'm invisible. I know that this is my first player but it still confuses me what it takes to get in the hall of fame. I think what I need to do is just get over the fact that I will never get in the hall. Freeman is a good player but the hall is for the best.

What players will probably get in the hall of fame. The tough thing about it is literally the people on top of each season now are basically different each season. Last season Jet Jaguar was the top points getter in the league. I for one as a former teammate am super proud of his accomplishment. S68 Jet was nowhere to be seen in the top 10 in points. He poped up in S69 at the #5 spot. And S70 he was #1. The weird thing about that is that in S71 he again nowhere to be seen in the top 10. It is a small sample size of 8 games but it still weird that the top player last season is not even in the top 10. What does it take to be a top player anymore? I feel like with more and more people maxing out each week and getting to the level where the great players once we're at now it doesn't mean as much and it is harder to just have a good season when every team has good players. 

Im not sure why I am drawn so much on what the hall will be like in the future but I know there have been rumblings from some of the elder users talking about lowering the bar or thinking of it differently. Maybe this is a blimp and scoring will go up and we will have monster players in the future. Im not sure. This again is my first player and I do not have enough experience to really know one way or another. Maybe I am just trying to think of a reason why my player should eventually be in the hall but honestly, I think I won't get there ever unless something crazy happens in my last two seasons. Maybe S66 will not have a rep in the hall ever. Maybe things will go back to normal with all the attempts to get TPE inflation down and in a few seasons we will go back to only a few people having crazy amounts of TPE. Who knows what the future will hold. 

• Admin

It's certainly an interesting situation, one where I simultaneously feel like we need to fix it and also not rush to rash decisions.

I certainly believe we need to widen the gap between the best and the rest, but at the same time I know it would to be artificial (while back in the day that's just how many TPE whores we had).

That said, what I've noticed is how many more TPE whore defencemen there are right now, probably 50/50 with forwards if not more weighted towards dmen. That's probably contributing to lower scoring.