My media spot inspiration

Matt_O

Yesterday, it was kind of late, and I realized I had to write a media spot. At first, I was just going to bs my way to 500 words and call it a day, but then I had a better idea.

If anyone hear watches SB Nation, you may have heard of Jon Bois. I love his videos, so my media spot idea to write about S20 in that way, and also make it a multi part series, was because of his work with Chart Party and Pretty Good, which are both amazing series on youtube. Back in my VSN days, I wrote mostly about history. Sometimes it was difficult, because I had to find stuff since I wasn't around for the old days. This one wasn't difficult, since I wrote an entire super super long article about S20 for my first ever VSN article, probably over a year ago. I didn't really use that article, but it helped me have the knowledge to even think of this topic in the first place.

I would like to believe I did a pretty good job writing about how insane S20 was, and the amount of records that were broken that year. When I saw the plus minus stat, I was shocked. The fact that S20 likely rewrote an entire all time top 10 list and it stayed the same way for nearly 50 seasons was unbelievable to me.  On Thursday, part two will come out, and next Monday will be part three of the series. They won't be as good as part one, but I still found some interesting stuff.

On 4/6/2020 at 6:58 PM, Matt_O said:

Yesterday, it was kind of late, and I realized I had to write a media spot. At first, I was just going to bs my way to 500 words and call it a day, but then I had a better idea.

If anyone hear watches SB Nation, you may have heard of Jon Bois. I love his videos, so my media spot idea to write about S20 in that way, and also make it a multi part series, was because of his work with Chart Party and Pretty Good, which are both amazing series on youtube. Back in my VSN days, I wrote mostly about history. Sometimes it was difficult, because I had to find stuff since I wasn't around for the old days. This one wasn't difficult, since I wrote an entire super super long article about S20 for my first ever VSN article, probably over a year ago. I didn't really use that article, but it helped me have the knowledge to even think of this topic in the first place.

I would like to believe I did a pretty good job writing about how insane S20 was, and the amount of records that were broken that year. When I saw the plus minus stat, I was shocked. The fact that S20 likely rewrote an entire all time top 10 list and it stayed the same way for nearly 50 seasons was unbelievable to me.  On Thursday, part two will come out, and next Monday will be part three of the series. They won't be as good as part one, but I still found some interesting stuff.

Believe it or not, Saeijs was my first-gen :D  it was indeed a good write.  I was thinking about doing a re-hash of my players in the VHL so this adds a little inspiration to it.  Thanks again bud.