a Drunkenly Wild Escapde

cut.jpg.992285c68c9d0a8e6e8821a0511ead62.jpg

Adam Frence the French winger from the Saskatoon Wild was planning a get together for his team. He was grateful that they drafted him and took a chance, so he went to order ten cases of Wine. Each case has 6 bottles of Authentic red from Paris. However, when he went to order he was called, and he accidentally ordered 1000 boxes. Unaware he hit order and ran off to get changed for practice. A week Later a truck pulled up to the Wild arena and they opened the back. Frence proceeded to panic in his mind. He calmly pulled out his phone and texted his assistant general manager Tom Landry “Hey boss, I got some wine for you and Wolf. Ill leave it in your office” he proceeded to instruct the men to fill Landry’s office as full as it can get. Frence then had a brilliant idea. It was hard for the team to get Gatorade for the games due to this virus, so he told them to fill the buses, the back and underneath as much as they could.

The Saskatoon Wild had a few road games coming up, they had started to slide in the standings a little and the captain wanted his players to be happy and have fun, so when they got on the buss they saw Frence handing out bottles of wine to each player with a big smile. Before the team took off we caught up with Landry to get his opinions on the gift that Frence had left him. “At first, I thought he grabbed a box and I thought it was a great idea. Figured maybe it could be an incentive for the boys, but then I saw it was taking up two thirds of the bus and from there it was all downhill” and downhill it was, when they arrived at the hotel everyone but Apple and the driver were drunk. Stumbling off the bus Landry took some deep breaths and composed himself to check in the team. After about thirty minutes they all got their room keys and who they would be rooming with.

The road trip did not go to well, the first few games most of the guys couldn’t get out of the tunnel let alone skate, apple was the only sober person on the team as he sat patiently in the bench waiting to go out. He would manage to score a few goals much to the chagrin of the team. Apple has sort of been designated to the corner of the locker, no one really talks to him. He does his job and set up a lot of people. One game Barry Bonds made the save of his life after he simply collapsed and landed on the puck heading right for the net. The announcers who were also given some wine by Frence where screaming like they just won the gold medal. Once again we caught up with Landry to ask about the loosing “Losing? *hic* It's not the wine! *hic* We're only losing because *hic* the other team is scoring more *hic* goals than we are. Wine doesn't *hic* make the other team score *hic* more goals”..

Fearing Landry might be drunk we decided to ask him about the drinking he and the team seemed to be participating in. Looks at bottle, revealed to be white wine Haven't hic touched a drop. Wait, hic the announcers too? hic This is going to hic be a great film session. Hic”. Naturally because of this mix up some wondered what would happen to Frence, was the Captain in trouble? Would he be suspended? Why hic he's the most pop hic ular guy in the locker room. hic Sure sounds hic like a good leader hic to me!” Landry seems to have faith in the French winger, so we wanted to hear from the horses mouth. “look, m not drunk…maybe….okay I am….but looks….we have wine, we shouldn’t waste wine. It was an honest mistake….wine is good…and hey we won a few games as well” Frence was right, in that 10 game stretch they managed to win four.

gallery-1495026253-shots.jpg.490cd32f6702136894d20b0a9a90a81a.jpg

After the Road trip and running low on Wine Frence thought a teamwide Bar Crawl to celebrate would be a fantastic Idea. With Komarov by his side and a few other players. They arrived at the first bar and took up two booths dinking well into the evening. After a few hours Landry noticed some players were not at the hotel, so he went out looking for them, still nursing a hangover. He found them after a short while with the intentions of getting them back for the long bus trip home in the morning. However, Frence convinced him it would be a good idea to drink with them. So, Landry joined the crawl. It was a great night from what Komarov, and Landry can recall however they showed up to the buses without Frence. They honestly have no idea what happened to the Frenchman.

image.jpg.2dd44f10f63c8eef122bc37177001c6d.jpg

A few minutes after Landry and the guys showed up a police car slowly rolled up with Frence in the back. Still a little drunk hanging onto a wine bottle, tie over his head and shirt half unbuttoned. When he got to his feet he smiled as we asked him if he remembered what had happened.  “look, we celebrated as a team. Our main man Landry here was looking out for us all night. He is a responsible adult here” We asked Frence what he remembered “oh man so I remember starting at the bar down the road, getting wasted well into the morning. I also remember Landry coming to take us back to the hotel, I remember arguing with him then finally convincing him the only way to get us back was to stay with us. It only took a few shots for him to start joining us…..after that well…I’m not quite sure. I remember asking when we had to be back at the hotel, and everyone was gone. I woke up when the police car stopped at the bus. So…fun night.”

Needles to say Frence wanted his team to forget the tough losses and attempted to raise spirits with spirits. After everything they returned home, and everyone was all smiles. We asked the General Manager McWolf about their behavior “when we drafted Adam (Frence) we knew he was unique and eccentric. Was he grossly unprofessional yes, however our team had fun and they are closer then ever. His methods are weird, but he gets results. That’s all I will say about the matter.” I guess time will tell if there night on the town will boost the moral leading to more wins.

1121 - words

@Doomsday - Thomas Landry

@Kachur - Adam Frence

@McWolf - Mcwolf

Edited by Guest

Just now, BladeMaiden said:

@McWolf Quite the players you got there ! !

@Kachur Drink lots of water to get rid of that hangover kid, and you keep doing you. The weird ones always end up HOFing lol

I stay close to people creating drama so I'm not against them when it starts.

@Kachur i heard the best hangover remedy was to never get to the hangover part ever. Get more wine.

2 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

@McWolf Quite the players you got there ! !

@Kachur Drink lots of water to get rid of that hangover kid, and you keep doing you. The weird ones always end up HOFing lol

Hof is the plan ;)

2 hours ago, McWolf said:

I stay close to people creating drama so I'm not against them when it starts.

@Kachur i heard the best hangover remedy was to never get to the hangover part ever. Get more wine.

Always more wine