Looking at OTT/MIS trade

Da_Berr

The Hounds haven't had the greatest season so far. They are currently fighting for the last playoff spot with Halifax, who is ahead of them by 2 points. Their poor form this season is to be expected, with the management opting to stock up for S72. As such, their most recent trade involving center Andrew Su didn't come as much of surprise. Su, who is the team's leading scorer with 66 points and the captain of the team, was approached by General Manager, Berocka, this afternoon. Below is a transcript of the call.

Berocka: What are your plans for next season do you want to move up to the VHL is that your goal?

Su: I'm planning to move up. Wanna play a full 8 seasons

Berocka: Would you like to go to a contending team this season and make a run for a cup as a centre

Su: Yeah, no offence you guys have been great but I would like to contend this year

Berocka: Okay I will set up a trade. I am looking at sending you to Ottawa are you happy with that?

Su: Sure, thanks and best of luck for the future for you guys

Su was traded to the Lynx for both Ottawa's first and second-round picks in the upcoming S72 draft, putting the Hounds in a solid spot next season. The Lynx also benefits from this trade as they finally get a true and tested second-line center. This move does leave a sour taste in some fans' mouths as they believe Su is copping out, ditching a team that he was supposed to be captain for. This is compounded with the fact that recently the AGM of the Hounds, DoktorFunk, left to GM for the Lynx. Some fans believe that both Su and Funk are taking the "easy way" to get to a cup. In conclusion, it is safe to say that both of them won't be getting any free drinks in Mississauga the next time they're there.