my ideas to gain new members (theme Week)

Victory Hockey League

The Victory Hockey league is in a Recruitment pickle? Well then lets maybe help them and bail them out. For this week’s theme week I will be briefly outlining the current ways we Recruit, how I think we can improve and rate them out of ten on there effectiveness. Below we will be talking about Reddit, YouTube, and Facebook, Twitter. Then Finally at the end I will give my idea for what we can do that would significantly help with Recruitment.  

Let’s start with Reddit. As some people have been saying how much real work can we get done on reddit. The Victory Hockey League having posted in all major hockey sub reddit’s and upvoting has seen an uptick in the site’s new members. It has created genuine fresh clicks and traffic which every site need. Considering we have posted in most of the reddit’s there is not much more we can do unless we post outside the hockey side of reddit.  Fresh eyes mean fresh ideas and players to feed the feeder system. However, them creating is half the battle retaining them is the real battle and that is another media spot for another day. Overall Reddit has been a Success for the Victory Hockey League in generating some new faces and new players. I give this method a seven out of ten only because I feel it can not be sustained at the rate its going.

Next on the list is YouTube. This could be a really powerful and interesting and useful tool if the Victory hockey league stuck to a narrative of a Simulation Game. I feel personally we dive to much into numbers sometimes and not enough about the game. On the YouTube side we could be making playoff hype videos, quick trade alert videos like an ESPN and start taking this route serious. It could be a possible way to draw in fresh eyes who may see the site as a click button and update thing but nothing more. This could add to more of a unique Game feel with some realism blended in. I also think we need an official Victory hockey League Podcast that Streams live from and after uploads to the VHL YouTube. Then it might show up in the recommended for people who stroll through hockey videos. Overall, this is an untapped method and it should be considered more seriously. I rate this currently a one out of ten due of the fact it has been all but abandoned to my knowledge. However, I will give this a Nine out of Ten on potential alone as long as people are actually willing to put in the work required.

Next is Twitter. This is the easiest way we can get new eyes. I’m surprised we have not been diving harder into this. We should Start by following verified teams/players and hashtags then post every week with an update and use the hashtags. Have the General managers make a Twitter account for the teams and make an official VHL one. Keep people in the loop utilize the Hashtags and around Trade Deadline times go hard with recruiting. Build a following towards the Victory hockey league. Post-game results, anything that could potentially suck in new fans and faces. Post trades and hiring’s. Again, it comes down to the broadcast style thing and taking it more in a Game route.  Overall, I give this a four out of ten Twitter is used but rarely. Again, this could be a nine out of ten purely on potential alone. A Strong twitter game is a wonderful tool. Out of all these ideas I feel this is the most doable and realistic.

Finally we get to what my idea is, we utilize Facebook and twitters Advertising features, I understand the money is limited and goes towards the domain however I think people would be willing to advertise for growth, and with growth if we get more people in that is more people who could possibly donate. The Facebook Advertise feature is not to expensive and if you make Victory Hockey League Page they often give discounts so you can advertise. This is a good way to see lots of eyes right away and you target a certain age range, group, etc. Twitter has a similar advertise system that is used t promote tweets. This again is something I believe we can and should consider. Again, it is not to pricey and if we are following the right accounts and hashtags this could be seriously effective. I would personally rate this as my favorite and top way to get new clicks and traffic and hopefully retain those members. I would rate this as a nine out of ten strategy with the potential to be a full ten out of ten.

In a Recap, I think Reddit will and Is soon going to be unable to draw in new people. Maybe cutting this method down to once a year or twice a year is going to be the best option moving forward. Weekly is going to stop producing quickly. Secondly, we talked about the YouTube side of things and how I feel we could use it as an ESPN style broadcast medium with an official podcast hosted by two of our best with weekly guests. Third we spoke on the Facebook group briefly and I Mentioned how we could use the advertising feature for our benefit. The cost to use it doesn’t break the bank either. Finally, we talked about Twitter and how I feel we are grossly under using it. I laid out a few ways I believe we could use Twitter to draw in people all year round instead o fin clumps. Its pretty simple and would create many new jobs in the Victory hockey league. Members are eager to help; they want to help and see the league grow so this only makes sense to utilize.

If we come together then we can recruit, retain, and grow the Victory Hockey league Together.

1004 words - Submitting for week ending 4/26 + Theme Week Doubles

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Kachur said:

Next is Twitter. This is the easiest way we can get new eyes. I’m surprised we have not been diving harder into this. We should Start by following verified teams/players and hashtags then post every week with an update and use the hashtags. Have the General managers make a Twitter account for the teams and make an official VHL one. Keep people in the loop utilize the Hashtags and around Trade Deadline times go hard with recruiting. Build a following towards the Victory hockey league. Post-game results, anything that could potentially suck in new fans and faces. Post trades and hiring’s. Again, it comes down to the broadcast style thing and taking it more in a Game route.  Overall, I give this a four out of ten Twitter is used but rarely. Again, this could be a nine out of ten purely on potential alone. A Strong twitter game is a wonderful tool. Out of all these ideas I feel this is the most doable and realistic.

Me and @Dil had an idea about this but it was shot down.

Just now, Beaviss said:

bring this shit up again and again I PROMISE YOU it fucking works

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

I never shot it down. I shot down using twitter as a form of PT aka players make one and go discuss fake stuff in the real world. That to me is dumb. If you wanna recruit with it go ahead.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

I never shot it down. I shot down using twitter as a form of PT aka players make one and go discuss fake stuff in the real world. That to me is dumb. If you wanna recruit with it go ahead.

I am talking a Main VHL Twitter and EACH TEAM having one as well to post game updates signing updates ETC 

people following these other hockey accounts could see it explore and join 

• Commissioner
Just now, Kachur said:

I am talking a Main VHL Twitter and EACH TEAM having one as well to post game updates signing updates ETC 

That has never bothered me. What I shot down was using Twitter as a form of earning cap every week. That to me makes no sense. We’d have to police a site we have nothing to do with, our members would have to sign up for said site, our updaters would have a hell of a time checking everything, and for what? A 10th way to make the cap every week? Makes no sense to me.

But sure, as a recruiting tool? Have at it.

Just now, Beketov said:

That has never bothered me. What I shot down was using Twitter as a form of earning cap every week. That to me makes no sense. We’d have to police a site we have nothing to do with, our members would have to sign up for said site, our updaters would have a hell of a time checking everything, and for what? A 10th way to make the cap every week? Makes no sense to me.

But sure, as a recruiting tool? Have at it.

this should be pushed by the recruitment team, and supported fully. 

16 minutes ago, Kachur said:

A main VHL twitter seems like it could work, and it would be an extra position on the Media Team which would be solid. I'm not sold on the idea of each team having one however, as that'd be quite a bit of work to create and post draft graphics, signings, and game results/performances. On that main account, there'd be plenty of room to have centralized content that features original content and the best of PT's created by our users.

4 minutes ago, Spartan said:

A main VHL twitter seems like it could work, and it would be an extra position on the Media Team which would be solid. I'm not sold on the idea of each team having one however, as that'd be quite a bit of work to create and post draft graphics, signings, and game results/performances. On that main account, there'd be plenty of room to have centralized content that features original content and the best of PT's created by our users.

i see your point, im just throwing ideas out