Personal soccer

Guest Svoboda_3

I had played for 16 years in the PAHNYOSA, played in the Summer Games, went to Provincials on a couple occasions and Nationals in Sudbury once. After that I coached U10 for 2 seasons and coached my daughter's U8 team. I also played soccer in High School for the Carlton Crusaders here in Prince Albert. We won quite a few tournaments, but could never win provincials. I played a rover position. If I could find some pics around to scan or my High School yearbook, I'd include some photos. I played a few seasons of Senior Men's soccer, but life got in the way and I had to ditch one of my activities.

Edited by Svoboda_3

Within injuries and other sports, I've been playing for 21 years (In Germany you can obviously guess it was huge) thus I was placed in when I was 4. I've playing anywhere from RW to Striker to CM. I'm currently playing and coaching. Coaching a reserve team for the team that I play for in Division 1 here in Vancouver. In terms of the level its below Premiership which is below NASL and then MLS. I'd like to think it's high up and sounds like it, but really it's a lot of steps to get to the top. However any Vancouver guys may recognize it but I have played Carlo Corazzin after his time with the Whitecaps.

• Admin

Only a brief time for me in Vancouver and that was at the age of like 10-14. Can't say I was good at it but I had a go at pretty much every position even striker (where my one lone fluke goal came) and keeper (and remain living proof that height does not equal good goalkeeping).

Even won a first place medal in some local tournament. Largely as a sub. It was a highlight of my "career".