How I found my way to the VHL, and what it has done for me

Jer_Lefebvre

It’s Sunday April 26, 2020, and i am absolutley bored out of my mind with all this quarantine stuff going on in the world. A few months ago I put my name on the waiting list to be a GM if an FOHL team, being from a small northern town like Sault Ste Marie the OHL is the most excitement we get as a hockey man around here. Since I was a little kid I’ve been a die hard fan and when I found out there was a chance to be a fantasy GM in that very some league I jumped on it. Amazingly a few weeks back I received an email from the commissioner asking if I was interested in being the new GM of the FOHL’s Niagara Ice Dogs, of course I instantly replied with an exciting yes! Few days later I get a message from one of the GMs to my surprise is a buddy I went to high school with, @Spence King. He welcomes me to the league, gives me the ups and downs, but above all that he tells me about something that is going to not only help me get through this world pandemic but allow me to invest in something as exciting as this.

He tells me to take a look at the VHL, Ann was I surprised at how awesome this community is, and I signed up right away wanting to get started as soon as 

I’m not going to lie when I first started I was like a dear in headlights no idea what was going on! Spencer was There for me tho at the start helped me through how to create a player what all the TPE was how to use it how to get it, it was perfect having him there to help me along to start! Starting out in Season 71 In the VMHL my GM of the Houston Bulls has been amazing too, @Sonnet has been so open with any questions I had where to post things how to do things l, building assistance..all of that all the other more detailed ins and outs sonnet has help every step of the way!

Sonnet has our Houtson team all In line no the season hasn’t been a dream one for us but there have been vast amounts of improvement and I think a lot of it can be credited to our GM, always on top of us making sure we get our tpe in getting the press conference up for us reminding us to do the trivia question.. all of that stuff makes a difference I know u would forget sometimes without the reminders for sure! We have shown crazy improvement on the Bulls we have been getting wins every well and now we are even on the brink of making the playoffs. It would be amazing to make the playoffs and get that experience. If that is not the case though I am looking forward to the draft it has been so awesome to be recruited into a league like the VHL this is something I am so interested in! The development of myself as a player is coming along very well I’m starting to put up some points and get where I want to be in my first season in the league, mostly attested to sonnet and my teammates!

Here I sit on my couch knowing I need an article for this week as it is so important to my development as a player! I am only about a month and a half into my career but not has the ride been fun so far! Coming in as the 2nd line Center to start, sonnet giving me ample ice time to show what I can give to help the team, it have been a blessing. The draft is ahead and I am so excited for it Jer Lefebvre is coming strong getting better every week, I cannot thank Spencer enough for introducing me to this amazing league it has really allowed me to focus my mind on something in the middle of such a crazy world! And sonnet for being the best GM a player could ask for helping me develop myself further and further every single week. And to the VHL community thank you for letting me be a part of such a fun awesome league, it is something I have been looking for for a long long time!