Day in a Life - Tyler Walker (Entry 3)

Advantage

Day in a Life - Tyler Walker - Edition 3

The San Diego Marlins season has ended and we have finished in the playoffs with a record of 42-28-2.  We finished with two consecutive wins to end their season but struggled to a 4-6 record in our last ten games.  This sets us up for a date with Minnesota who finished with the league’s third best record.  We finished our season series with Minnesota with a 1-5-1 record.

I finished my brief first season with nineteen games played and five goals and five assists.  I did struggle defensively finishing with a minus-ten plus/minus rating and recorded twenty-two hits and thirty-three blocked shots in my first VHLM campaign.  It wasn’t the season I expected, especially after finding so much success in the Western Hockey League.  That being said, I knew it would be an adjustment and I look forward to continuing to improve and develop as I go into my first playoff run.

I have admitted concerns about facing Minnesota.  They are an excellent team who clearly outplayed us in our seven meetings this season.  They are a bit of an older team but have the experience and talent to give us a lot of problems.  We will have to be at our best to win and I hope we can prove many of the doubters wrong by giving them a handful.

T.W.7.