Tallinder's S72 Draft Profiles: Part 8 - The End Of An Era

1949080846_image0(4).thumb.jpeg.c22156db2858ac5aebc1a5f0a28319ae.jpeg1411372801_tallindersdps.jpg.5ecc9f460aef80e8c4550dc2123bb00e.jpgwKmESXg.jpg

Welcome everyone, to my final draft profiles article. This was a really tough decision to make, as this series has been a huge part of my time in the VHL so far. I will have an article in the near future, talking about why I'm moving on from it, and what you can expect from me in the future. To make it brief, it's been over half a year since "S70 Draft Profiles - Part 1" came out, and I don't want this series getting old and played out over time. Plus, this gives me a chance to be more creative with my future articles.

I owe a lot to this series, as it's opened a lot of doors for me. Thank you to everyone who has shown it support at any point during its time on here.

That being said, you can still expect draft coverage from me, just not as often, and not in this format. Without further ado, let's do this one last time.

fAeLnk4.jpg

• Spencer Elsby earned the most TPE in the draft class last week, with 21.

• Klaus Scrungledorf retired last week.

• Spence King was hired as the AGM of Philadelphia last week.

Q6wfmo2.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z3UmjHIkmoBNTRdw8dgQdp4kOVhVLVRgPADZOndKJUY/edit?usp=sharing

1. [-] SS Hornet

2. [1] Valtteri Vaakanainen

3. [1] Robin Winter

4. [-] Gino DiGiannatonio

5. [-] Latrell Mitchell

6. [-] General Zod

7. [1] Andrew Su

8. [1] Randy Marsh

9. [-] Alex Letang

10. [1] Spencer Elsby

11. [1] Jungkok

12. [-] Lucas Brandt

AyX5Ddw.jpg

Newly Qualified / Requalified

Rasmus Raindroplov

Newly Unqualified

Slov Loski

Taylor Johansen

Xdabux4.jpg

[14] - Nolan McNalley

[7] - Jared Willis

[6] - Turner McHugh

AyX5Ddw.jpg

RISER OF THE WEEK

Miss_TeamBar_u9NDfdA.png Joseph Gainer - LW - 133 TPE @joeg

Gainer might just be my favourite stroyline of the draft. There's something about good prospects who join late, and I can never help but root for them. This is the case for Gainer, and previously guys like Vin Calia, Justin Graves and Ike Bennett. Clearly, these picks don't always work out, and their smaller sample size with earning TPE means more risk of inactivity down the road. However, the thing about them that I really like is the star potential in them, and the fact that they could end up a steal at their draft slot if all goes well. For reference, Gainer is currently my 21st ranked prospect of this draft. If someone were to draft him at 21st overall, and then he turns into a star, the pick looks amazing. This player has not missed any capped TPE in any of his full weeks yet, and has pieced together a nice scoring forward build. I wish him the best in his development, and hope he turns into the steal he could be.

UtCgkH5.jpg

[10] - Remy Moreau

[5] - Zamboni Driver

[5] - Arthur Dayne

ujgLYV0.jpg

Name

Goals

Name

Assists

Name

[-]Gino DiGiannantonio

[-]DeFenz Mann

[-]Robin Winter

[-]Robin Winter

[-]General Zod

[-]Gino DiGiannantonio

[-]Jungkok

[-]Robin Winter

[-]DeFenz Mann

[-]Andrew Su

[-]Latrell Mitchell

[-]Jungkok

[-]Valtteri Vaakanainen

[-]Gino DiGiannantonio

[-]Andrew Su

[-]Gregg Stallion

[-]Adam Frence

[-]Valtteri Vaakanainen

[-]SS Hornet

[-]Gregg Stallion

[-]Gregg Stallion

[-]Lucas Brandt

[-]Jungkok

[-]Adam Frence

[-]Riley Walker

[-]Valtteri Vaakanainen

[-]Lucas Brandt

[-]Adam Frence

[-]Andrew Su

[-]SS Hornet

Name

Sv%

[-]Andrew Green

[-]Zamboni Driver

[-]Barry Bonds

[-]Bacon

[-]John Poremba

Qi1Zwcf.jpg

• Jay Jones, Riley Knight Gee, John Poremba, and Nils Friedriksen each hit 100 TPE last week.

• Andrew Su, DeFenz Mann, Izzy Valencia, Chance Rust, Larry Butz, and Joakim Lund won the Founder’s Cup with Ottawa!

AyX5Ddw.jpg

ACHIEVEMENT  CENTRE’S PLAYER OF THE WEEK

OTT_bar.png Andrew Su - C - 232 TPE @Da_Berr

Well, here comes my last profile of the series, and it deservedly belongs to Ottawa center Andrew Su. Moving up to 7th in my rankings this week, Su has been amazing both on and off the ice. In terms of his elite skillset on the rink, the Canadian teenager shines with the puck on his stick. He is a versatile threat in both zones, with the ability to read plays and turn them into opportunities. This led to his 51 goals and 99 points this season, and that's not including his additional 20 in the playoffs. His TPE earning has also been incredible, earning 16+ in six separate weeks, and only missing out on 2 capped TPE in 10 full weeks. Especially after winning the Founder's Cup and creating the new Miami Marauders logo, Su has established himself as a tremendous talent in this draft.

AyX5Ddw.jpg

Players Covered

Part 1: Mitchell / Marsh

Part 2: Letang / Driver

Part 3: Zod / Winter

Part 4: Mac / Hornet

Part 5: Brandt / DiGiannantonio

Part 6: Frence / Vaakanainen

Part 7: Elsby / Jungkok

Part 8: Gainer / Su

thank-you-lettering-with-curls_1262-6964

6 minutes ago, Victor said:

Shame but I've found draft rankings always come and go over time. Hopefully someone steps into your shoes soon, these will be missed!

I’ll keep up the rankings on my spreadsheet, and I could possibly post them each week in a separate thread. Just no draft profiles from now on.

Also, I would love to see someone else step in and do their rankings as well!