Looking At The First First-Gen Selected In Every Draft On This Site But Only Until I Hit 200 Words

Tagger

Note: By this site, I mean the current domain we're on, which we moved to in S35 but the first draft was S36. Thanks to Victor for the spreadsheet to make this easy

Season 36

Dujuan Cook - 9th Overall (BagelBites)

Not a draft for first gens, exemplified by the fact Cook's last post was posting his achievement tracker prior to the VHL Draft. If he made the VHL, he didn't do so by right of passage, earning just 62 TPE.

Season 37

Jakub Linholm - 2nd Overall (RandomHero)

A considerably more hyped first-gen especially coming off a second overall selection (although this was only because New York held three picks in a row and figured they'd pick the first gen first), his consistent TPE earning stopped about a month or two after the draft (he did come back for a bit a few months later, but only put up 10 posts before leaving for good). Despite the low TPE total, he did win a cup, and had a very strong 82 point season in Season 41.

Season 38

Don Draper - 3rd Overall (Will)

I think Will's first effort at a player shares a lot of comparisons with S63 first overall first-gen Ryan Kastelic. Two players who earned an absurd amount of TPE (Draper's 1000+ TPE was during an era where the record was only 1400 and Draper retired two seasons early) and wound up in GM roles during their first player's stint in the VHL but their players never really performed to the ability that their TPE would have suggested. The most important first-gen created in this site's tenure. (However, if this doesn't post because of the site maintanence, I take it all back and Dujuan Cook was way better).