Just Random Notes On Everything VHL

Tagger

We added in a new system a bit ago where we allowed new members to start with more TPE based on how many weeks after the trade deadline they created their player. I think this is a good move, it allows us to be more flexible with our recruiting strategies while also finding a good balance between letting players come in without the TPE disadvantage just because they heard/remembered around the league at the wrong point of the season but also having them far enough ahead of the players who will have capped every week from the deadline to not make them question their efforts.

There was a poll for a championship banner to be implemented on the forum. All of the entries were good and would fit on the forum perfectly well (and somewhat agree with Motza that these should just be rotated rather than letting the vote dictate the only one we see). For me and my caveman eyeballs, it was a tough choice between 2 and 3 (I did like the clean look of 1, but something about the logos on the jerseys just didn’t seem right to me). Ultimately, I went with number 3 and I will let you decide if the deciding factor in my selection was putting a banner on the front page with the word “Dickbutt”. (Note: It wasn’t, I probably read the lists after voting).

I made an article about two weeks ago questioning the choice of the retiring Brick Wahl winning Most Improved having already led the league in save percentage previously in his career. Most Improved player is definitely going to be an interesting one this year should rosters stay as they are. Adrienne will be similar in some respects to Wahl in that he has already earned some notoriety in the VHL (winning the Jake Wylde trophy in Season 70), but he is set for what I would argue to be a far greater leap over his career best in points than what Wahl had in career best at save percentage. But there is very strong competition from Mikko Lahtinen and Lewis Dawson, two players would have already equalled (or pretty much in the case of Dawson) their previous bests in just 22 games and have made a huge jump in regards to their standing within the league. Goalies are also looking set to provide strong challenges with Jaxx Hextall and Jacques Lafontaine having the edge over Eagles in terms of most improved.

Another change that happened to the league in the not-too-distant past was the change to reviewing, which allows users to give one solid length review of a point task for 1 TPE. And to be honest, the change made me consider actually doing reviewing  for the first time in forever (maybe ever, not sure if I’ve ever actually been a grader over in the VHL). I’m not, because I’m just going to wait for trivia answers to be given and use those points for this week, but it does offer a much more even comparison to the rest of the mini-PTS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2020 at 8:16 PM, Tagger said:

Another change that happened to the league in the not-too-distant past was the change to reviewing, which allows users to give one solid length review of a point task for 1 TPE.

I thought it was up to 2 for 2 TPE? Did that change?

6 minutes ago, Enorama said:

You're correct, no that did not change

Phew, I do NOT want to owe TPE to the VHL tax man. I hear he foils his knuckles.

3 hours ago, bigAL said:

I thought it was up to 2 for 2 TPE? Did that change?

Yes that’s still the case, I was referring to how the amount of reviews you had to do per TPE had gone down from 4 reviews to one

Edited by Tagger