VHLM Mississauga Hounds - Darkhorse

okifenoki

Good Afternoon, All,

As a proud member of the VHLM's Mississauga Hounds I felt it pertinent to take a look into a middling team's propensity for greatness.

Now, this may be an unpopular and even outlandish opinion, but I believe the Mississauga Hounds are set-up to be a Darkhorse to contend for the S72 Founder's Cup. Before I go on, I do see the monumental task ahead of the Hounds, with Minnesota, Vegas, Saskatoon, and Mexico City sitting ahead of them in the standings an ALL looking like strong candidates in their own right for deep runs in the playoffs. But, stay with me here. With (2) two players already with over 40 points on the season, Mississauga has some firepower deployed on the top line. Led by JaredN @jared and Michael Mac @LastOneUp, with 45 and 41 points respectively, the top line of the Hounds is firing on all cylinders, only further solidified by RW Marshall James Frostbeard @FrostBeard, with an impressive 29 points already himself. That puts the top line of the Hounds with 115 points combined, demanding a deeper look into the Hounds current 5th Place standing in the VHLM. Chipping in on the second line are Gainer @joeg, Angellini @okifenoki, and Brewitt @JBrew42 combining for another 41 points themselves and a beastly 130 hits, cementing themselves as a physical change of pace line coming on the ice to spell the top dogs. The Hounds are shaping up to be an entertaining underdog for S72.

But wait...

Behind the magic of the points, the ferocity of the hits, appears Jacob Tonn @MexicanCow123 standing on his head in between the pipes. With 14 wins and a 0.904 SV% Tonn has himself in the Top 3 of the best Tenders in the VHLM. The Hounds backstop only furthers the magic of the upper middle ranked Hounds. 

With a strong push, the Hounds can set themselves up for a Cinderella Story Run towards the Founder's Cup. They'll have to best some pretty solid squads in Minnesota, Vegas, Saskatoon, and Mexico City but they have a shot. And sometimes that is all it takes!