Falling Far

Plate

Markus Schauer was selected 25th overall in the S73 VHLM Dispersal Draft. He was projected to go between 18th and 24th. Falling to the 3rd round came as a surprise to him. We caught up with Schauer at the bus stop in Houston on his way to practice. 

Are you happy with where you ended up?

Houston has a great locker room and a lot of really solid players. I've been talking a lot with Thigh strap and Aloe Dear. We all got drafted in the same year so it lets us bond over it. Did you know Aloe Dear likes pulp in his orange juice? Disgusting.

You fell below where you were projected to go, were you surprised?

There were.... a lot of raw emotions on draft day. It was my understanding that I would be selected at 18th by Ottawa. Instead I fell to the third round. This was a deep draft with a lot of good players. I don't feel that bad about it now. I would rather turn out to be a steal. What do they call it here? A lick?

What do you think of Houston's potential this season?

I know Houston last year was pretty below average. We have really good players on our team. I feel like we're hopeful, and if the GM can make more smart moves, we can easily be a contender for this founders cup.