Which Expansion Team has the Best Inaugural Season?

a_Ferk

Now that the expansion draft and VH draft are over with, the new expansion teams finally have some players added to their rosters. Most of them don’t really have a chance of competing, but here I will be rating which squad I think will have the best record at the end of this season.

London is a team that obviously built for the future as they have a very young team, and I don’t think they will be competing for much other than the first draft pick. Their only saving grace is Guy Lesieur. 

Los Angeles has a squad that appears to have a mixture of older guys that didn’t warrant protection in the draft, and younger guys for the future. LA has three players over 500 TPA, including Barabash, Nygren and Gunnar. However, they have no human goalie, so I don’t think they will do well.

Chicago is built similar to London, but have few active players and the least amount fo players out of any expansion team. The players on their team that are active seem pretty good however, so they could be good down the line.

The team that I think will compete the most is Warsaw, for the simple reason that they have HHH. Warsaw also has a semi-competent goalie, as well as a few players with more than 400 TPA to help support Helmsley.