One hundred and fifty.

McWolf

Go.

This is a challenge I'm setting for myself. Without checking a word count before the very end of the article, I'm going to write a VHL.com article about the fact that it's hard to make a story in only 150 words. I usually write VHL.com articles in one of two styles:

- The bullet point article, popularized by flyersfan and hedgehog, where I just list 3 or 4 ideas and talk for 30+ words about each. These are easy enough to stop at around 150 words. Just don't add another bullet point after 150. Done.

- The short news story. I like writing these the most, but whenever I do it, I realize by the end of it that I'm more in the Media Spot-range of 500 words than in the .com range of 150-250 words. I find it's hard to write a fun and interesting story in only 150 words. i.e., my last one which I ended up claiming as a Media Spot because it was 600-word long. Plus, if I'm not writing directly on wordcounter.net, I find it hard to guess how many words I got already. I'll look at the text and think 'yeah I need at least another paragraph', even though I'm probably already at 400 words. I need to work on that, I need to be more efficient with my writing.

Stop.

That was 224 words. Not too bad.

Edited by McWolf

22 hours ago, McWolf said:

Go.

This is a challenge I'm setting for myself. Without checking a word count before the very end of the article, I'm going to write a VHL.com article about the fact that it's hard to make a story in only 150 words. I usually write VHL.com articles in one of two styles:

- The bullet point article, popularized by flyersfan and hedgehog, where I just list 3 or 4 ideas and talk for 30+ words about each. These are easy enough to stop at around 150 words. Just don't add another bullet point after 150. Done.

- The short news story. I like writing these the most, but whenever I do it, I realize by the end of it that I'm more in the Media Spot-range of 500 words than in the .com range of 150-250 words. I find it's hard to write a fun and interesting story in only 150 words. i.e., my last one which I ended up claiming as a Media Spot because it was 600-word long. Plus, if I'm not writing directly on wordcounter.net, I find it hard to guess how many words I got already. I'll look at the text and think 'yeah I need at least another paragraph', even though I'm probably already at 400 words. I need to work on that, I need to be more efficient with my writing.

Stop.

That was 224 words. Not too bad.

This article proves the point that you can write an article about just about anything. Its well written and gets to his points well even if its not about hockey. And yes he proves a couple of points. Now lets see if he can write a 600 word media spot about this subject. :)   8/10

Edited by VinCal